Home

Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History

This is a discussion on Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #25
Rookie

soonerhud07's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Greatest Moment(s) in NCAA History

my favt. madden experience was watching my friend play madden and he was up by 4 or 5 or something like that and he had the ball on the 30 yard line and he called a timeout with 1 second left, because his brother was like aw come on man run up the score on him kick a FG...so he went for the FG...blocked, the other guy ran it back for a touchdown just bc my friend wanted to win by 7 instead of by 4 hahahah hardest i've ever laughed at a football game.

For me the best game i've played was against georgia tech and i of course was OUrecently in an online game...i was out of timeouts with about a minute left to play amnd all the guy has to do is run out some clock and kck the FG to win...so he runs an option right and i get a good jump with rufus alexander but i go for the RB bc i had guys goin after QB reggie ball, and i user pick the pitch from the option but he tackles me right away so its a tie ball game with about 40 seconds left...so i do a PA that has been working farely well the whole game and as i throw the ball i get hit so he int. the ball at my 40 yard line, so i can't let him get any more than 5 yards or it will be FG range, so i hold him the whole time and he punts it with about 10 seconds left. It's a touchback so i get the ball with 10 sec. and i see him going to quarter 3 deep so i decide, what the hell i might as well go for it, i go in shotgun spread and decidee to go for a hb off tackle...iti went from my 20 to his 30 yardline and still had a sec. left bc i got out of bounds, then i kicked the GW FG....i was going crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #26
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Mine's easy...

First year on PS2, NCAA '02 my freshman year of college. We had a three-man dynasty going in our room. I was Clemson w. Woody Dantzler, one roommate was Georgia Tech and the other was Florida State.

We all ended up going 1-1 against each other (I beat FSU, lost to GTech) in a pretty good regular season. The kid who was FSU didn't really know what he was doing and the G-Tech kid thought he was hot ish. He beat me about about 20 (and I'm pretty darn good) so it was tough to take. Thankfully the FSU roommate upset the G-Tech roommate so both myself and G-Tech were 11-1 after the regular season.

So we ended up playing for the national championship. I don't remember the actual score, but I was down by 3 or 4 with :03 to go and the ball at his 40. I had time for one Hail Mary, so I dropped back, scrambled a bit with Woody and then let it fly. I had two fast WR's on the right and the third guy in the slot was a slow white dude. The ball went deep into the end zone and a G-Tech player batted the ball away from the two fast WR's back towards the goal line, and just in time the slow white dude caught up to the play and dove forward to catch the ball and barely fall into the end zone with no time left on the clock!!

I'm not kidding you either, my roommate did not talk to me for a few days after the defeat. It was a classic.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #27
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganic
He didn't commit suicide or anything, if you read the next part.
Yeah man I knew that, I just though it was really awkward phrasing to say that he never came back out.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

A few of my greatest moments:

I was Tennessee in NCAA 02 my roommate was UW. We were both unbeaten and playing in the Fiesta Bowl for the NC. Clausen had thrown for over 7000 yards and 94 TDs that year with Washington and Stallworth... but my roommate swore he figured out my offense and was going to tear me up cause "all I do is pass" and he had the #1 D in the nation. He also had a RB with 99 speed and 99 agility that he rode the whole season and a LB he blitzed every down that had something like 30 sacks. Needless to say the days leading up were filled with tons of trash coming my way.... The game was never even close. His RB barely had 70 yards rushing and maybe 1 TD, and his LB had 2 tackles and 0 sacks. I passed for over 400 yards and 7 TDs and rushed for another 150(I outrushed him in the game) and won by 30 points.... he didn't say much after that and following the next season my roommates made me leave UT cause my team was "too good".

5 years later I ended up at Ohio St. who was on the outs and my other roommate was at Penn St. We had a back and forth battle and we thought it was over when he busted an 80 yard run that ended with me tackling his RB into the endzone with him going up 27-20 with about 5 seconds left. I lucked out and got a touchback and had to throw it up from the 20.... my WR caught the pass and broke two tackles taking it to the house with no time to tie up the game. We ended up matching scores the next two OT's and he scored starting off the 3rd and kicked the EP. I scored on my possession and decided to try and end the game. I threw outside to my WR and he appeared to get a foot down but was called Out of Bounds.... I lost for the first time to either of my roommates.... what really got me was watching the replay and seeing that my WR was in fact in bounds but no Challenge cost me the win....

I've had some great games vs. the computer... this one was easily the best:

I am UW and haven't lost a game in 4 years playing against 8-0 ASU who is ranked #3 in Tempe. I am down 38-7 at the half following 5 turnovers and ASU scoring 3 defensive TDs. I score a TD in my first possession of the second half to make it 38-14. ASU then kicks a couple of field goals to take a 44-14 lead. I put in my back-up QB who has hardly any playing time in his 3 years in the program. He guides the offense down to the 15 as time ends on the 3rd quarter. I get a TD on the first possession of the 4th making it 44-21. I get another INT and 3 plays later another TD to make it 44-28. The following possession I get a couple of sacks and then get a safety on 3rd down to make the score 44-30...We exchange stops and then with around 1:30 left in the game I bust a punt and take it to the house and to make it 44-37. ASU runs down some clock and I get the ball around my 35 with maybe :40 left on the clock. I hit some quick passes, get the ball down to the 25 and use my final timeout and time for one more play.... I hit a crossing patturn slipping the ball between a LB and safety and score the TD and EP to tie the game at 44-44 (scoring 30 points in the 4th quarter).... Game goes to 2 OTs and I make a pick on the 2 to end the game winning 58-51.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 AM   #29
Banned

GoDevilsASU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Yeah man I knew that, I just though it was really awkward phrasing to say that he never came back out.
Lol...my bad...meant to say he didn't come back out for the rest of night....the next morning I saw him in the kitchen...he just looked at me and laughed....guess his girly took care of him good...but he refused to play me in NCAA.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Corleone Compound- Sanford Stadium on Saturdays in the Fall

Won a block party tournament of close to 30 people in Athens back in '94 on Bill Walsh College Football. I won over $500, paid my rent and drank the rest. That's my favorite NCAA memory.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

I have so many memories most of them with 04. We had a 5 man dynasty going during one of my years in college. Everyone would set up there schedule, gurantees would be made, everybody would name the players people from their family or high school teammates. And it was an open invitation scenario, if it was your game to play anyone of the 4 people in the dynasty was able to play it. You had people ducking out on opponents waiting for a lesser foe to play in his place it was awesome. But during Championship games(conference or bowl) you had to play all 4 opponents. Each player took turns, so its like preparing for 4 different coordinators.

My most memorable moment would have to be my comeback against Florida with lowly Vanderbilt (i'm assuming Cutler was the qb). I came from down 13points with about 29 seconds to play. I score a long td off a wide receiver screen,(he was in prevent and I keep blindly lateraling the ball and somehow scored).So now i have to set up the onside kick and recover. I pull it off. I'm standing at midfield with a few ticks remaining. Empty sets hot route everyone on go routes. Drop back to pass, press square and sit the controller down. I just watched as it soared to the back of the endzone and my receiver pulled it down. I stopped his undefeated season with Vandy.

Needless to say he was pissed and turned it off before we could save it. He felt bad later on and simmed again and again until he lost, just to man up to his defeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

In a madden game this year on 07 me and my homie were playing he had the broncos and I had the eagles. And he was just killing all day Tatum Bell had about 190 rush yards and just couldnt stop him he keep breaking 20, 40, even got like 70 yard run on me. But he could never get by 21(once u get up by 21 when we play u get off the sticks) so its the 4th and hes up by 10 wit about 2-3 mins left but he still has the ball but force the punt. I drive down the field and get a TD but it was a long drive and took alot of time off the clock so its under a min left and Im down by 3 so I have to kick the onside but I dont get. So when he gets the ball he runs on 1st and 2nd but I stop him for short gains of like 1 yard so hes like on the 35 and the clock is just going I thought the game was over. And for sum dumb stupid reason wit only like 6 secs on the clock he calls a pass play(I guess to show me up or run up the score) so he drops back and just throws it( as all of this is happening Im just screaming dont throw a INT) so what happens he throws a pick its Brain Dawkins and when I catch it I look at the clock and its only 2 sec left and I didnt wanna take the risk of getting out of bounds wit no time left so I gotta try and run it back and it was nothing in front of him but lineman and Jake Plummer up the left sideline so I just took it and he just runs right past all of them wit no time on the clock for the easy score and game winning TD! That was the greatest ending I've ever had.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »