Home

High School Games?

This is a discussion on High School Games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Rookie

kewlerthanu182's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: High School Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Anyone have any information about the whole high school part of the legend mode?
Check out the Campus Legend that pastapadre is doing at pastapadre.com . He really has great articles and videos over there.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by straylight3
Ohh wow I didn't know there were real High Schools, awesome. Anyone know the HS's in the game from GA?
basically it has all the cities listed then you pick the name of your school and your uniform etc. i was surprised it had cambridge, ohio listed in the game, population of 11,000 or so, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That's a pretty cool feature. IMO, 2K made a mistake by making APF - they should have went with a Friday Night Lights game (which I believe was their other option) instead.
I agree. I think APF looks good, but I don't think I'll buy it because it doesn't have franchise. Good premise with the tiers of legends (gold/silver/bronze) but I just like franchise too much, haha. I think a Friday Night Lights game would have been better also, just because it's something more different and a completely different experience from pro/college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
basically it has all the cities listed then you pick the name of your school and your uniform etc. i was surprised it had cambridge, ohio listed in the game, population of 11,000 or so, LOL
The game has always had a large amount of real towns
Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #13
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
I think a Friday Night Lights game would have been better also, just because it's something more different and a completely different experience from pro/college.
a game like this would be awesome!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
I agree. I think APF looks good, but I don't think I'll buy it because it doesn't have franchise. Good premise with the tiers of legends (gold/silver/bronze) but I just like franchise too much, haha. I think a Friday Night Lights game would have been better also, just because it's something more different and a completely different experience from pro/college.
Yup, and 2K could make it fully customizable which would be a great feature. I think they would lure in a bigger audience than with APF because current kids and former HS football player would love to recreate their own real-life experience. Set up a division or conference with all the real teams in your area. I honestly don't know any of my friends who are buying APF - I don't think the legends idea appeals to a big demographic.

They could make it very similar to NCAA '08 but tone it down a bit. They'd obviously have to find something to replace recruiting, unless every school was a private/magnet school. It would also be awesome to get a big time DI recruit in a smaller town and see him rush for 400 yards per game because of the terrible level of competition. I think the sky would be the limit for a game like that, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yup, and 2K could make it fully customizable which would be a great feature. I think they would lure in a bigger audience than with APF because current kids and former HS football player would love to recreate their own real-life experience. Set up a division or conference with all the real teams in your area. I honestly don't know any of my friends who are buying APF - I don't think the legends idea appeals to a big demographic.

They could make it very similar to NCAA '08 but tone it down a bit. They'd obviously have to find something to replace recruiting, unless every school was a private/magnet school. It would also be awesome to get a big time DI recruit in a smaller town and see him rush for 400 yards per game because of the terrible level of competition. I think the sky would be the limit for a game like that, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Haha yeah I see what you're saying. It'd be easy to tell the difference between a stud player who's going to be a hit in college and compared to a kid who's only playing because his parents are making him, haha. But with the recruiting thing, I think 2K can hold its own when it comes to football games so I'm sure they would have thought of something. For me it was solely the lack of a franchise, I think the legends thing is a good idea especially since each legend is totally unique and there are different tiers. But I'm not a big online player and I focus more on the offline modes like CL and Dynasty. I just think with a HS game they could have expanded it more than just one season and online play, and they could fool around more with the atmosphere since HS football is totally different than professional and college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #16
Rookie

highcheese's Arena

OVR: 3

does the PS2 have the high school games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »