Home

hows your dyansty?

This is a discussion on hows your dyansty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-31-2007, 05:05 PM   #41
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: hows your dyansty?

I am loving this game, stinks I do not get to play it as much as I would like, but right now i am 5-0 with the Seminoles playing against the Demon Decons next week. I have had a lot of good close games, and finally getting sliders to offer up some awesome games. I have the number 3 recruiting class, signed a 5 star T, and had a solid in season recruiting class going on as we speak!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

4-1 with UNC. Beat 3 easy teams, lost to VT and just upset Miami 27-24.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rad
Stick with them. I played a number of seasons with Temple last year. It was painful at first, and right when I thought I was too crappy to build the team up I turned the corner. Got an invite to the Big East, locked down recruiting in PA and the mid-atlantic, won the Big East a couple times. It was fun.

This year I'm starting with Houston, I'm 6-4 I think but getting better as I get deep into conference play. Won a thriller against Rice 33-30, and won in triple overtime against UTEP, who was leading the division at the time.
Temple is 8-0 in my dynasty. I'm 1-8 with Colorado on Heisman default. Hopefully I don't get canned.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7

I went 9-3 in my first season with Miami, losing the opener to Florida and being upset by UNC and NC State. I beat Oklahoma, Vtech and FSU all on the road though. I ended up going to cotton bowl against West Virginia and I beat them. Finished #12 in the land, which was easily the highest I was all season. I was probably ranked for only the last 3 or 4 weeks and all in the 20's.

I got the #2 recruiting class in the nation and started out #10. I won my first 4 games and now I'm ranked #5. I have a big game against FSU coming up where about half of my recruits will be there and FSU is ranked top 10 and undefeated too. And to boot, it's a rivalry game. I can't wait to play that game later.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
I went 9-3 in my first season with Miami, losing the opener to Florida and being upset by UNC and NC State. I beat Oklahoma, Vtech and FSU all on the road though. I ended up going to cotton bowl against West Virginia and I beat them. Finished #12 in the land, which was easily the highest I was all season. I was probably ranked for only the last 3 or 4 weeks and all in the 20's.

I got the #2 recruiting class in the nation and started out #10. I won my first 4 games and now I'm ranked #5. I have a big game against FSU coming up where about half of my recruits will be there and FSU is ranked top 10 and undefeated too. And to boot, it's a rivalry game. I can't wait to play that game later.
Yea, it seems like it takes Miami a while to rise in the rankings. They are 8-1 in my game and are still only ranked #23 in the coach's poll. They're higher in the media poll.

It's also set up to be a crazy finish to the season as there are a crazy amount of undefeated teams going into week 11. Michigan, Texas, Vtech, Tennessee, Ohio State, Louisville, UCLA are all undefeated. Hawaii and Temple are also undefeated but not serious contenders.

Last edited by EWRMETS; 07-31-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

8-0 in year 1 of my Southern Miss Dynasty. Ranked 12 in both the coaches/media polls. Ranked 10 in the BCS. Big wins and the reason i'm ranked so highly is because I scheduled 22nd ranked TCU to open the season and beat them. 2 weeks later, I upset a ranked Tennessee Vols team in double OT.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #47
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
0-4 probably won't happen but 1-3 could. Their first 8 games are really tough and with an all new offense they could very well start the year 3-5. They have 4 creampuffs down the stretch but no way they make a BCS bowl game this year.
I'm 1-2 so far with the Irish, the two losses were heart breakers. My other teams are 3-0, Penn State (replaced ND on the schedule as I don't like to play my teams against each other) won all 3 easily, though Michigan at the Big House is next. Rutgers won one comeback shootout against Marshall, crushed Navy and got the job done in the opener. Virginia is 2-0 with game three getting played in 5 minutes.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #48
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Last night I beat V-Tech in the National Championship game in Year 1 with Penn State. It was a truly ridiculous game.

On the first drive of the game Brandon Ore gets injured for them for 2 quarters. I get the ball after they punt, come down and score a TD to go up 7-0.

They end up coming back and getting an FG, then on my next drive Derrick Williams (who won the Heisman) gets injured on a screen with back spasms and is out for the game, urgh! Damn you EA!

So my offense goes into a total funk and I don't score a point the rest of the half after shredding V-Tech's D on the opening drive.

VaTech scores another TD but misses the PAT, so it's 9-7. Later in the second quarter they miss a 29-yard FG off the left upright. On the last drive of the half they come down and score a TD with :04 left, but miss the PAT again so it's 15-7 at the break instead of 20-7. Their offense was really clicking and I could have been down 28-7 easily, but VaTech missed plenty of opportunities.

My offense continued to struggle at the start of the 3rd as I punt on my first two possessions. On the second punt I coffin'-cornered them at the two yard line and ended up getting a safety to make it 15-9. At the start of the 4th I connected on an FG to make it 15-12. Their offense was reeling as I got quite a few stops in a row. I eventually scored on a 1-yard TD run with my FB on a drive that started in their territory. So with about 3:00 left I'm up 19-15 and they have the ball on their 15.

**Drumroll** Time for another infamous EA "The Drive" to begin. So the sleepy VaTech offense that hasn't scored a point in the second half instantly comes to life. They convert a big 3rd-10, a 4th and 1 and are into my territory before I know it. They get down to my 9 yard line with 1:15 to go. I stuff them on a running play, then with the ball on the left hash they call a passing play and end up dumping it off to their FB in the flat to the right. Justin King comes flying up, strips the ball and my LB recovers with :50 seconds remaining on my 6-yard line. They only had one TO left so they could not stop the clock. I took a few knees and the chip was mine!

It was a summary of my entire season, the "bend-but-don't-break" defense that stepped it up when I needed them.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »