Home

NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 Review (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I've played NCAA for so many years now, I wish I could agree with the review. I'm hoping the INT problem isn't in Madden, since this game right now is on "trade in" status for me.
I am hoping for a patch or sliders but I think int/fumble should factor into the final score and review.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #34
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd keep it if it was patched. Knowing EA, slim to no chance on that one. They've made their cash.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11

without the turnover issue this game is a 9 imo. Great review OS again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

I just cant agree with giving this game an 8 out of 10 when one whole aspect of the game, passing, is just so fundamentally flawed.

Modes are nice, but game play is more important to me, which is why I disagree with scoring this game so high.

The computer turnover issue is just too huge too ignore, and it alters the game play in a HUGE and negative way. Its just too much too overlook for me which is why NCAA has rarely been in my 360 since buying APF.

I am actually shocked that a game with such terrible passing could garner such a score here at OS.

Last edited by scamden311; 08-08-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #37
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
I am actually shocked that a game with such terrible passing could garner such a score here at OS.
I'm inclined to agree, but it's not just the passing.

I mean, take a step back and think about it:

- Garbage presentation
- Depth chart glitches
- Menu lag
- CPU playcalling that seems arbitrary at best (Oh, we've thrown seven interceptions? Let's keep throwing into this dime package! How about another fake punt, Corso?)
- Bizarre, awkward post-play animations; bad cut scenes in general; players walking right through each other
- Zombies galore
- CPU snapping the ball too quickly, making defensive hot routes almost useless and user-domination of the clock a formality
- No endzone art in bowl games; no uniform patches in bowl games; no alternate uniforms
- No Create-A-School
- No custom playbooks
- No random plays in practice mode
- A crowd that's dumb as a rock
- The same stale commentary we've had for seven years (that at times can't even keep up)
- The same stale bands/music we've been hearing for seven years
- Poorly implemented precision passing
- QB's that throw the ball too hard and without accurate trajectory 90% of the time
- QB's that are either way too accurate or way too inaccurate, depending on the play
- Super-human linebackers; super-human DBs
- Offensive lines that seem incapable of picking up a blitz; suction-blocking still prevalent
- Sliders that don't seem to do a goddamn thing
- And of course, anywhere between 4 and 15 turnovers per game

I mean, hell, if that's an 8, wtf is a 7?

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-09-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:42 AM   #38
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I'm inclined to agree, but it's not just the passing.

I mean, take a step back and think about it:

- Garbage presentation
- Depth chart glitches
- Menu lag
- CPU playcalling that seems arbitrary at best (Oh, we've thrown seven interceptions? Let's keep throwing into this dime package! How about another fake punt, Corso?)
- Bizarre, awkward post-play animations; bad cut scenes in general; players walking right through each other
- Zombies galore
- CPU snapping the ball too quickly, making defensive hot routes almost useless and user-domination of the clock a formality
- No endzone art in bowl games; no uniform patches in bowl games; no alternate uniforms
- No Create-A-School
- No custom playbooks
- No random plays in practice mode
- A crowd that's dumb as a rock
- The same stale commentary we've had for seven years (that at times can't even keep up)
- The same stale bands/music we've been hearing for seven years
- Poorly implemented precision passing
- QB's that throw the ball too hard and without accurate trajectory 90% of the time
- QB's that are either way too accurate or way too inaccurate, depending on the play
- Super-human linebackers; super-human DBs
- Offensive lines that seem incapable of picking up a blitz; suction-blocking still prevalent
- Sliders that don't seem to do a goddamn thing
- And of course, anywhere between 4 and 15 turnovers per game

I mean, hell, if that's an 8, wtf is a 7?
With all of these issues (and I'm not saying you're wrong), why bother playing? It's supposed to be fun, right?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

I can't imagine a score over 6 for this years game for the exact reason the above poster mentioned, the "fun factor" ..... and this game just doesn't get it done!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:55 AM   #40
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
With all of these issues (and I'm not saying you're wrong), why bother playing? It's supposed to be fun, right?
Thats just it... how can a game with that many problems get an 8? Just because it is better then last year's version doesn't mean anything. I mean really, shouldn't it be better then last year's version? They did have another year to work on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »