Home

Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

This is a discussion on Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon13 Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

last night. Granted, I was playing LSU in BR, but my HB fumbled four times and my QB once, at one point in the 2nd qtr. It sounded like a bomb went off everytime I got hit. It never sounds like that when I hit someone. Later on in the qtr, my punt returner gets hit and fumbles to go back for a score. I ended up winning, but this was kind of crazy. And yes, I did sub in for my HB quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
last night. Granted, I was playing LSU in BR, but my HB fumbled four times and my QB once, at one point in the 2nd qtr. It sounded like a bomb went off everytime I got hit. It never sounds like that when I hit someone. Later on in the qtr, my punt returner gets hit and fumbles to go back for a score. I ended up winning, but this was kind of crazy. And yes, I did sub in for my HB quite a bit.

Not surprising. The fumbles and int problems have been discussed ad nauseam on this site. I just hope this is definitely fixed for 09. It definitely won't be a release day purchase for me anymore.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Did you lose all those fumbles? If so, how did you win at LSU with 5 turnovers in one quarter?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Did you lose all those fumbles? If so, how did you win at LSU with 5 turnovers in one quarter?
I have the #1 rushing O and #1 overall O in the nation. It was a shootout to say the least.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Lost everyone of them. It was in almost 2 qtrs. That's the beauty of this game. You can still put up 50. It sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Lost everyone of them. It was in almost 2 qtrs. That's the beauty of this game. You can still put up 50. It sucks.
Yeah, that is EA Football. I don't think EA likes the run of the mill 27-17 type game. They like excitement....big plays, turnovers, comebacks, tons of points etc.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I'm sure you guys are talking about the 360 version, right? I know the INTs on the PS2 are pretty crazy (I had almost 30 this past season I played). My scores are generally fairly moderate, but I play 6:00 quarters, so the games are a little shorter. I strive to get my sliders to the point of a 27-17 game. Here's a sampling of my scores from last season:

@ Brown W 54-6 (I do so much 1-AA roster work I make myself play 2 1-AA teams a year)
vs. Howard W 56-19
@ UNLV L 37-20
@ Oklahoma St. L 54-27
vs. Akron W 37-22
vs. Iowa St. L 31-28
vs. Texas A&M L 31-28
@ Missouri W 33-27
vs Colorado W 24-14 (THAT'S what I'm talking about)
@ Baylor L 28-10
@ Texas W 24-6
vs Oklahoma L 50-24
Poinsettia Bowl vs New Mexico W 38-10

My scores are still too high for my taste, and you can obviously see the games where the score indicates a momentum meter out of control. Many of these games were looking to be the kind of scores I would like, only to blow wide open in the end. This momentum meter HAS to be toned down.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
Yeah, I'm sure you guys are talking about the 360 version, right? I know the INTs on the PS2 are pretty crazy (I had almost 30 this past season I played). My scores are generally fairly moderate, but I play 6:00 quarters, so the games are a little shorter. I strive to get my sliders to the point of a 27-17 game. Here's a sampling of my scores from last season:
Me too. I have usually played with 6 minute quarters with defense friendly sliders and a fairly conservative approach on offense (runs & short passes) resisting the temptation of the easy long ball (previous versions). I do like the fact that on Next gen it is much tougher to complete long passes, but they took it a little too far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »