Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #65
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I can't believe all the hooplah about no team entrances. I mean come one you know you will button through them after watching them a couple times. I am much more worried about gameplay.
Agreed. The only way team entrances will really have value is if you make it a truly next-gen feature by upgrading the experience. Make it so there is some level of interactivity about it, maybe give the player control of a camera in the midst of players in the tunnel and then running out onto the field. Maybe even give the player the opportunity to have a bit of a free run with any of the players on the field during warmup kind of the way that the 2k basketball games let you partake in the shootaround sequence before the game.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 05-06-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #66
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I can't believe all the hooplah about no team entrances. I mean come one you know you will button through them after watching them a couple times. I am much more worried about gameplay.
I agree, but its just nice to see. Adds a little more enjoyment!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #67
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I'm more worried as well, but I actually like having that added atmosphere when I'm playing Michigan State or OSU. It still goes back to the issue about the lack of nuances that really make it feel immersive. For the franchise guy, there's not really that carrot to really keep you chasing. I still haven't seen any vids addressing my pet peeve about winning the national title, only to get nothing in the way of celebration. I guess what really gets me is that my favorite game of all, Fifa08, has intros, nice cutscenes with players emoting and cutscenes celebrating winning championships. Could they be better? Sure. Do they get repetitive? Yes. But they are there for me to skip. And EA makes the title. So what's the problem. It would be awesome to have a camera or first person view to run out and touch the banner. And to see our 110,000 fans screaming in the stands singing "hail to the Victors." And to have little trivia screens while it's loading with factoids about the whole Michigan/OSU rivalry. Nope. Just a boring hall to wait in and some boring pans of the stadium. Oh yeah, we do get advertisements for Weather Channel and Coke Zero. It's really time to get that aspect of things fixed, after gameplay of course.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1
if you don't want team entrances then skip it press A or something.let me have the choice.you guys must like madden more and don't care about college fans,or your team sucks.if you comment about something a fan wants then EA will never change a thing.that's a problem,we are suppose to work together to get the best game possible.don't clown a comment someone posted.do you have family at EA?anyway(true college fans)hold EA responsible if they don"t give us the best game possible.they have no competition.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 32

I do not think it is so much the entrences as it is the "little things" that we are all looking for in the football titles that likens back to something like MLB the Show 08 has done. The littel nuances that bring the players, the plays (before and after) to life.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Aren't entrances "presentation" O sarcastic one? Or highlight shows? The guy does have a point......
Uh i wasn't being sarcastic. Entrances are presentation and should be in the game if you want to advertise you're beefing up presentation.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #71
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Uh i wasn't being sarcastic. Entrances are presentation and should be in the game if you want to advertise you're beefing up presentation.
Cool, I really thought you were playing "devil's advocate" as you said you like to play!!LOL!!!!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #72
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayejoyce
if you don't want team entrances then skip it press A or something.let me have the choice.you guys must like madden more and don't care about college fans,or your team sucks.if you comment about something a fan wants then EA will never change a thing.that's a problem,we are suppose to work together to get the best game possible.don't clown a comment someone posted.do you have family at EA?anyway(true college fans)hold EA responsible if they don"t give us the best game possible.they have no competition.
Dude, space bar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »