Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

BC players were wearing white pants at home. Which is the only real variety in their uniform scheme. I think thats their alternate.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #34
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Good lookin video..
Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Alright im a Facemask junkie. But did you see the facemask we have been begging for. The robot revolution worn by players like Percy harvin and Jamaal Charles. The Tcu running back has it on. once again yessssssss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I enjoyed that video. Love that EA is adding little things. This year looks pretty good, but next year will be EA's next classic in the NCAA series.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #37
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

As always, EA puts out a nice looking video. Some of those new animations were pretty cool and add atmosphere. But I'll still need to read some reviews before buying.

The convoy blocking was pretty sweet. But if there are 2-3 Pick-Six's each game like last year, the convoy's will get old pretty quickly. The dancing mascots are funny...but again, after I have seen each one multiple times, it will get old. The bobbled catches will be great...if they are kept in check....I don't want to see 6 of them a game.

I am not trying to hate on the game. I really hope it is fantastic. But too many times I have been "wowed" by previews, only to be disappointed by the actual game.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
But it does affect the atmosphere and presentation which IMO is killing EA just as much as gameplay....

The gameplay I could live with because you just have to understand it aint
2ksports and it never will be and honestly there are things that 2k still needs to clean up AI wise.... But what makes EA's game unplayable is the damn lack of atmosphere no emotion... It gets boring really quickly.

So at will give them props for adding the little things to add to the realism... That doesnt mean OL and DL interaction isnt important or that shouldnt have worked on this but the two things arent related to the point where I can say Someone made a choice we cant fix A could we are adding B....

So lets give props when it should be given
I do have to admit that the player model look AMAZING best ever! And the field looks very realistic! And your right it will never be 2k, but it just bugs the Sh!t out of me when they are still lacking things that were done 4-5 years ago! But I am part of the problem and I will buy the game day it comes out, hell I still play 08. Just for once I would like to see them (EA) fix real gameplay issues and not just add fluff.
But again I will give them big props on player models, lighting and field textures those look by far the best ever! Even better than NFL 2k5 on the xbox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #39
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Liked it. Did notice there seemed to be more aggressive/active blocking in the QB Pocket part. But it would be nice if they did a vid showing how the blocking has been improved. I'll give some love though. This year is going to be about a bunch of little improvements along with a few big ones. Sure, there are many issues left, but these improvements with online franchise are making this look like a purchase. Hopefully the fansite guys that were concerned about the int's will have a better report out of the Community Day build.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #40
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

also anyone else find it curious that they didn't actually show the lines/pocket really??? during that segment of the vid

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »