Home

Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

This is a discussion on Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #65
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The sad thing is that in 2005 I was called by an EA producer and offered the position of lead tester. They wanted me to start in about a week, I mean I was hired. But then they found out I was in Austin, TX and not Orlando, FL and the guy withdrew the offer even though I was going to move on my own nickel. I have written EA letters and have applied for various jobs there but I think they feel i'm overqualified (I'm a telecom engineer so I make pretty good $) or they don't feel my skills match up well with their positions, although I was a technical writer for 4 years.

I'm just really upset that EA doesn't hire someone, even if it's not me, that knows something about football on the testing side of the house. I started another thread about it btw.
Man that's too bad, because it seems like Tiburon have an intensely dedicated team of guys working on the other aspects of game and they certainly can't be expected to keep on top of all the balance issues and bugs here and there.

I think EA would do well to equip them with a team of dedicated hardcore testers and make it a more prestigious position within the organization. I'm not saying make it as big as a dev position but don't treat the testing of such complex simulations like a bottom rung job.

But I hesitate to comment on current testers, what would be great is if we could get some community feedback from the lead tester to see what sort of stuff they are lending to the game. But I do think something is amiss when Ian can come to the boards and gather a few suggestions and find them incredibly useful and realistic to implement with minimal effort.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 05-31-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 07:14 PM   #66
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Last year's turnover certainly were a game killer.
it was a problem, but not a game killer. Did you stop playing right when you realized that there were turnover issues? I didn't, therefore in my opinion it did not kill the game.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #67
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm still pumped as hell about the game, but yes...I'm worried after reading from guys that I TRUST that the pass rush needs work.

We'll know pretty quickly if this is a big issue. I plan on immediately taking a "Dominant" Front Four like LSU or USC and playing Western Kentucky on default AA.

If I don't have any pressure from just the front four in THAT game...then folks we have a problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
it was a problem, but not a game killer. Did you stop playing right when you realized that there were turnover issues? I didn't, therefore in my opinion it did not kill the game.
I think a lot of people stopped when they realized there was no way to fix the turnover issues, more specifically the fact that the CPU almost always threw 3+ ints per game. How long it took each individual to give up hope that it could be fixed depends on the individuals.

Personally, I managed to enjoy it for a while but it eventually got to be too much. I tried coming back to it a couple of times during the year but everytime I started enjoying myself the CPU would just throw ints on 3 straight drives. None of them were user picks either, the CPU just threw straight at my guys.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #69
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

FYI folks....

I don't know how many of you play 08 still..but I RARELY see the CPU turn the ball over more than 2-3 times a game now after the patch.

I mean...maybe once every 5-6 games. Most of the time they turn it over maybe 1-3 times a game..at least how I play.

Just FYI. I'm still having a ton of fun with 08. And I'm sure I'll have a blast with 09. I just want the game to be as close to perfect as possible.

A solid pass rush would be very very nice EA.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #70
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
FYI folks....

I don't know how many of you play 08 still..but I RARELY see the CPU turn the ball over more than 2-3 times a game now after the patch.

I mean...maybe once every 5-6 games. Most of the time they turn it over maybe 1-3 times a game..at least how I play.

Just FYI. I'm still having a ton of fun with 08. And I'm sure I'll have a blast with 09. I just want the game to be as close to perfect as possible.

I know thats what i'm saying. Honestly I have no clue what in the hell everyone else is talking about the computer throws that many picks. I've played only one game where the computer threw 3 interceptions and that game just happened last night. Keep in mind i've been playing this game since it first came out..

Fumbles are ridiculous when it comes to playing offense though

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
FYI folks....

I'm ignoring your avatar long enough to post this. I do enjoy NCAA 08 now and have played several games against the CPU and it seems fairly competent, although as you know I enjoy playing vs another online more than playing the CPU. I agree with you that this could be a huge detriment to the game but honestly I don't know if it's a game killer since it's something that both sides of the ball will endure.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #72
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yes, post patch '08 has a lot less turnovers. the CPU also seems to use the jump the snap a lot less as well, at least for me they do. the patch made '08 playable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »