Home

Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

This is a discussion on Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
dude they have been "close" to buy out since january..please its becoming a joke these days..and also after mlb 2k8 and the flaccid barebones apf 2k8( even though I loved that game a year ago). I wouldnt lose sleep over this crap..not my money.

Yea I agree. I use to love 2k sports games but in the past year alone they have taken all of their sports releases in the wrong direction.

Baseball - screwed it up when I thought 2k7 was very good with some work added.

Hockey ~ used to be the best and then they destroyed it trying to go after the casual gamers like what EA is now doing. One would think they could learn a lesson from 2k this time.

Football ~ once the best on the planet is now no longer. I have APF 2k8 and it collects dusts as it has nothing on 2k5 3 years later.

Basketball ~ they still rein supreme but I have a feeling that is about to go once this takeover occurs.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
dude they have been "close" to buy out since january..please its becoming a joke these days..and also after mlb 2k8 and the flaccid barebones apf 2k8( even though I loved that game a year ago). I wouldnt lose sleep over this crap..not my money.
The reason people care is because of the basketball games. EA's are abysmal, while 2k's are fantastic.

A 7.5 on a 1-10 scale is about right. It doesn't do anything really new to the genre, is still missing a ton of last gen features, did nothing new regarding dynasty mode (aside from the new top 100 feature), and the robo-QB, no pass rush, and horrible punt coverage are lame. On the other hand, it's not a bad game. It's above average but not 2k5 or NCAA 2004. It's like a buggier and slightly worse (for its time) NCAA 06 in the sense that it tightened everything up, but did nothing new.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston85
That's what happens when you have a non-sports gamer doing the review.

Tell the nerd to go back to Halo 5 or whatever version they are on now.
That is untrue, you don't need to be a sports gamer to review a sports game. I play all sorts of games, Madden, Nba2k, Tiger Woods gta4, final fantasy, Halo.

I would have problem reviewing sports games. If anything it looks like your biased, you insult the reviewer and tell him to go play Halo 5 which doesn't even exist.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't see how last years version would score better than this years after playing one game. There are glaring issues, yes, but last years game was like playing football against superhuman competition with the psychic AI. I definitely like the dumbed down AI of this year, but it does need work, it is a bit too "dumb"..
Old 07-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
In related news, EA is closer to it's hostile takeover of Take-Two:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193458...s&subj=6193458

Once the competition is eliminated entirely we can expect even better football games from EA. You know ... since there is no competition to worry about and stuff.
Doesn't Take-Two make GTA IV????

Maybe this "takeover" will teach EA how to pack the maximum amount of game data on a disc like GTA IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I don't see how last years version would score better than this years after playing one game. There are glaring issues, yes, but last years game was like playing football against superhuman competition with the psychic AI. I definitely like the dumbed down AI of this year, but it does need work, it is a bit too "dumb"..
I don't think the review is based on comparing from year to year. If so, the overall jump from 07 to 08 was better than the jump from 08 to 09....IMO

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-15-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #22
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I don't see how last years version would score better than this years..
Same reason the NBA 2k scores fall/stay the same even though the game has gotten better every year. Finally, a reviewer appears to be reviewing games based on the same criteria. In years past, it seemed as though EA football games were judged with different rules compared to other sports games (including EA's other offerings).
Old 07-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Just because someone rates last year's game wrong doesn't mean they should rate this year's game wrong.

Last year's game realistically deserved about a 4 on a 1-10 scale.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
In related news, EA is closer to it's hostile takeover of Take-Two:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193458...s&subj=6193458

Once the competition is eliminated entirely we can expect even better football games from EA. You know ... since there is no competition to worry about and stuff.
LOL, but seriously EA has no competition. No matter what they turn out with Madden and NCAA people by the tens of thousands will flock to buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »