Home

Linking Gamertag to EA Account

This is a discussion on Linking Gamertag to EA Account within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Linking Gamertag to EA Account

Has anyone else had a problem doing this? For the life of me I can't get it to work. I get the e-mail, follow the instructions and am told that my gamertag is already linked. However, when I login, it's not linked.

It seems to be a real common problem with people playing Battlefield and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into an issue. I can't get any of my uploaded videos and don't think I'll be able to participate in an online dynasty. I've contacted support twice, but gotten canned responses saying my gamertag is linked. I've given them my username and password to login and see that it says no gamertags are linked.

Looking for any kind of help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Linking Gamertag to EA Account

It doesn't work for me at all, I've also read on their forums and it seems that people can't link it either. Just shows how much EA cares about their community lol
Old 07-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiWarrior
It doesn't work for me at all, I've also read on their forums and it seems that people can't link it either. Just shows how much EA cares about their community lol
Yes, thats right, EA hates their community because a minority of the people (including myself, even though its my fault this time) can't get their gamertags linked up...makes perfect sense
Old 07-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I;m having the same problem. I have an EA account, but I cannot link my gamertag. The funny thing is, if I type my gamertag on the EA site, all the info is there, I just can't access it. I can only view it like everyone else. I'm not allowed to edit my profile or settings. Just like all EA games, their site is also full of problems.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

i have had the same issue. I think if you had an EA name for something other thank EA Sports World there are problems. For instance I had like three or four EA accounts for various things (EA.com for downloading pictures of new games, Battlefield 2 and 2142, EA Sports, etc.)

Ultimately I decided to give up lol. You can still do a search and get access to all your videos and what not, so it isn't the end of the world that I don't get to pimp out my "avatar."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

But I don't know why this would affect your ability to play in an online dynasty?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

it shouldn't. you can still participate in an online dynasty since its just based on your gamertag.

to get your videos just do a search at EA Sports World for your tag. You'll get to see the page and videos just like if you had control of the page (since they are public). To download the videos you need to be logged in so just create another account.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

just put in any old email address's you think it could be linked too and hit forgotten password (it will tell if that address is the database or not) thats how i got mine. i had forgot i made a account last year.
MLB: New York Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »