Home

Does the CPU call enough run plays...

This is a discussion on Does the CPU call enough run plays... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #9
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Does the CPU call enough run plays...

I would assume teams that run the options wil run alot like Air Force.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #10
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6

hell no they dont run enuff and when they do 70% of the runs are ineffective "QB Choice" plays
Old 07-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
In dynasty go to dynasty settings (the second one from the bottom of the menu) then go to coach positions. Press A on any coach and something will pop up giving you the option to create a coach or edit that coach. Create a coach and press start. Back at the list of coaches select that coach and then go to Find Job. He'll be a six star prestige coach automatically so every team wants him. Scroll through the teams and pick your opponent and accept their offer. When you exit back out to the dynasty menu you will automatically be under that team. You then go to team strategy (like the third from the top I believe) and then coach strategy. Under coach strategy there are sliders for run/pass.

You can check the link the person above posted for each teams run/pass ratios to get them to run the ball a realistic amount, but in general setting it from 70 to 80 percent run will get them to run the ball about half the time. Also what I personally do is change their playbook to West Coast because it has fewer shotgun formations which cuts down on the amount of times they call QB Read Option out of shotgun with a slow QB, leading to easy sacks for you. Also under coach strategy you will need to change their defense back to a 4-3 or whatever they are supposed to have. After you play the game you should delete that coach and then do it over for your next opponent.

this is a good Idea, but in truth its not realistic for allot of teams. Texas tech, WV etc they dont run normal plays they run that spread option. I will probably adjust my coach to what they should be doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #12
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Balanced teams tend to throw a bit too much, but teams I've faced with speedy QBs have run on me like crazy. I'm sure once/if the sliders get fixed, we'll find a happy-medium
Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #13
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Not quite enough for my liking.

In dynasty games what I'm doing is creating a coach for my opponent and setting their run/pass ratio to 70/30 and on 7 minute quarters I'm basically seeing them get 30 rush attempts and 25ish passing attempts.
You don't need to create a coach. Just change the coaching sliders in your dynasty for that opponent before the game and switch them back after the game (for the sim engine). I have done this since NCAA 04 and it works wonders to keep the CPU running the ball. However, this option wasn't available in NCAA 05 for whatever reason.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 07-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »