Home

Run and Pass Commit

This is a discussion on Run and Pass Commit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Run and Pass Commit

I know they said it doesn't pop up on screen when you use it, but I can't seem to get it to work period. Anyone else have trouble with it?

I also can't really see a difference when you shift the offensive line either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Run and Pass Commit

I try it every so often and one time I did the run commit all my D players got a blue circle under them for the duration of the play. Don't know if that had anything to do with the commit stuff or not.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I know they said it doesn't pop up on screen when you use it, but I can't seem to get it to work period. Anyone else have trouble with it?

I also can't really see a difference when you shift the offensive line either.
It works. What generally happens is all of your defenders will get highlighted with a circle under them. For the Oline protections, I think they are pretty decent. But, I would not use the slide right or left unless you are adding a backside blocker. Doing so, without adding that backside blocker tends to open the flood gates as at least one backside defender will come in untouched - normal Dline, but if another blitzer is on that backside you have a huge problem as two guys will come in clean. So if you are going to use right or left be sure to always have a backside blocker in a TE or HB/FB. Also use Aggressive for the short passes like Quick Slants.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It works. What generally happens is all of your defenders will get highlighted with a circle under them. For the Oline protections, I think they are pretty decent. But, I would not use the slide right or left unless you are adding a backside blocker. Doing so, without adding that backside blocker tends to open the flood gates as at least one backside defender will come in untouched - normal Dline, but if another blitzer is on that backside you have a huge problem as two guys will come in clean. So if you are going to use right or left be sure to always have a backside blocker in a TE or HB/FB. Also use Aggressive for the short passes like Quick Slants.
I ready from another site that if all your guys are highlighted that means you guess wrong. I guess thats not true..
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I use it alot, and i do see my guys drop back or move forward, but i NEVER get the circles under all of them.......weird

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I ready from another site that if all your guys are highlighted that means you guess wrong. I guess thats not true..
Hmmm, I'm not sure now lol. I don't use run/pass commit much anyways, but when I did use it a few times this is what happened. Although I do remember using it and this not happening too.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Not to sound like a total noob, but how do you commit?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I think it might be right. I use it against the CPU and never see any highlights. I went to play a friend online and we both saw the circles on occasion, but I only recall it happening on playaction when I guessed wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »