Home

OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

This is a discussion on OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #105
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Could be a possible, but I don't think that is the case. I think it is one of the dozen of bugs that has slipped through with this years game.

Testing has been extremely poor this year.
You are probably right. There would be no reason for them not to tell us if the problem was with getting the FPS to work well with the degradation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I'm just want an answer on how amazing the field and uniform degradation is in Madden but is near to non existent in NCAA. It's not like Weather only affects Pro Football, it does the same in College.
Apparently there is ZERO field degradation in Madden as well. There was a whole other thread in the Madden forums regarding it a day or two ago.

The problem is very similar, some early videos show stellar degradation but yet it's not existant in the retail copy.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #107
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Apparently there is ZERO field degradation in Madden as well. There was a whole nother thread in the Madden forums regarding it a day or two ago.
Did you see the video I posted? At least uniforms got really dirty, there was puddles, splashes, etc.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Did you see the video I posted? At least uniforms got really dirty, there was puddles, splashes, etc.
Yes, I've seen it and it looks awesome. However, I believe that vid was probably another community day video. Folks are saying that, yes, the players get filthy and there are splashes and whatnot but sadly the field never changes just like NCAA.

Here is the Madden thread regarding no degradation in 09.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/259588-field-getting-torn-up.html

Last edited by BigD; 08-08-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

OOOOOOO Adam where have you gone

Please Tell us this can be fixed with a patch.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #110
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
OOOOOOO Adam where have you gone

Please Tell us this can be fixed with a patch.
There are no plans to fix this in another patch, which would be a third patch. This WAS a design decision, even if some posters think I'm not being honest.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #111
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There are no plans to fix this in another patch, which would be a third patch. This WAS a design decision, even if some posters think I'm not being honest.
I don't think that people think you're not being honest, so much as people are reacting to the revelation that it was scaled back to nearly no effect at all.

It has the effect of turning the weather into weather filters rather than feeling like playing in the elements, so people are pretty upset about it.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #112
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
More like not the full story, or "the truth from a certain point of view," if you are a Star Wars fan. ;-)

Just that there may have been more to the decision than artistic decision. Because frankly, it doesn't make much sense to scale it back from what it was purely for how it looks.

It is particularly evident in games in the snow. In snow there is going to be quite a difference in how the field looks based on where the players are playing on the field. There really is no change at all in the game.

How the field looks is minor really to how the game plays, but I think the community notches it up as another overall oddity in the game.

BTW, how did the programmers come about programming the weather in Dynasty? The amount of cold weather and snow games is totally out of proportion. It generally isn't 45 degrees in October in Tennessee, and generally not 15 degrees in Oklahoma in December, or 20 degrees in early November in WI.

As a matter of fact, I have been to more games in the 80's and 90's in WI in September over the past 10 years than I have been to games in the 50's in September.

Thank you for the updates.

Last edited by cbc72; 08-08-2008 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »