Home

3-3-5, SS depth chart question

This is a discussion on 3-3-5, SS depth chart question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
3-3-5, SS depth chart question

Ciao a tutti--

I've got a couple questions about the 3-3-5 as I'm considering switching my Wolverines to this next year (2011).

I did some experiments and I saw that my "need" positions for recruiting are based on my defensive scheme set up in my "coach strategy" of team management. IE. For the 3-3-5 I need fewer DTs and more SSs. I've also noticed, however, that my depth chart doesn't change based on my defense, so it still goes 5 deep for DTs and only 3 deep for SSs.

My main question is who gets subbed in at SS when I need to go 4 deep due to injuries or fatigue? Does it just choose the next guy regardless of position? Does it choose the next SS regardless of talent? Is there any way to choose who'll be your 4th SS? I tried to find this out myself, but after a half hour of severe frustration I gave up.

I set my safety "sub out" setting to 99 and I also tried 95. I then controlled a SS and had him sprint around in circles for every play. Whenever I got the ball back, I punted it back to them immediately and continued to sprint in circles with my SS. I even found him on my punt coverage and sprinted with him there, but after an entire half, I could never get 2 SSs fatigued enough to both be out at the same time. This begs another question. Is this because I only have 3 deep at SS so the CPU won't sub out 2 at the same time?

Also, even with my defensive scheme set to 3-3-5, when I start new games, my default playbook is 4-3 so I'd need to change it to 3-3-5 every game. Also, I'm not able to choose a playbook for my weekly practice in dynasty mode so I'm not even able to practice as a 3-3-5. Is there a way to change either of these?

Thanx.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-18-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 3-3-5, SS depth chart question

If you get past your 3rd SS, the CPU will automatically sub in the next highest rated guy, regardless of position, whether that player is a DB, WR, or often a QB. I wish we had more slots on the depth chart as I play 8-10 WRs and at least 6 CBs per game, but almost never use more than 4 DTs.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Well that sucks. By "next highest rated guy" do you mean overall at his own position, or the next highest guy at the SS position? IE, when doing the depth chart, the bottom half of the screen can be sorted to show who's the best at that particular position. Would the 4th guy come from that list, or would it simply be the next best overall guy at his OWN position instead of at the SS position? It'd really suck to have a bunch of WRs and HBs playing defense for me!

Also, does anyone have any answers as to how to make the 3-3-5 be my default playbook? I'd rather not have to remember to switch playbooks every game, and most importantly, I want to practice with the 3-3-5 as well, and I've only been able to practice in my dynasty with the 4-3 playbook.

Thanx again for the help.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Well that sucks. By "next highest rated guy" do you mean overall at his own position, or the next highest guy at the SS position? IE, when doing the depth chart, the bottom half of the screen can be sorted to show who's the best at that particular position. Would the 4th guy come from that list, or would it simply be the next best overall guy at his OWN position instead of at the SS position? It'd really suck to have a bunch of WRs and HBs playing defense for me!

Also, does anyone have any answers as to how to make the 3-3-5 be my default playbook? I'd rather not have to remember to switch playbooks every game, and most importantly, I want to practice with the 3-3-5 as well, and I've only been able to practice in my dynasty with the 4-3 playbook.

Thanx again for the help.
Unfortunately, it's the next guy from the list at the bottom, not neccessarily the particular position you want. I've seen my back-up QB who has a SPD rating of 68 in there at FS on several occasions when I've had a lot of guys subbed out. That's why I would like to see us get more slots on the depth chart at some positions, especially WR and DB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »