Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Argh!!! I finally reached the limit of my patience..the last game of my offline dyansty was the last straw for me.

In my UCONN Dynasty My 1st 2 RBs got hurt..leaving me to face West Virginia with my 68 rated overall, 88 speed, 3rd string HB.

playing on Heisman, with firktaf's lsiders, which are pretty darn good overall..I ran for 120 yards with him.

8 minute quarter, Noel Devine carried the ball a whopping 11 times. For 31 yds. Pat White Carried the Ball 12 times for 18. UCONN's Defense is a 78 overall

I cant endure this lunacy anymore.

Thank goodness for the Wii version. At least the CPU plays like it has some kind of brain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Argh!!! I finally reached the limit of my patience..the last game of my offline dyansty was the last straw for me.

In my UCONN Dynasty My 1st 2 RBs got hurt..leaving me to face West Virginia with my 68 rated overall, 88 speed, 3rd string HB.

playing on Heisman, with firktaf's lsiders, which are pretty darn good overall..I ran for 120 yards with him.

8 minute quarter, Noel Devine carried the ball a whopping 11 times. For 31 yds. Pat White Carried the Ball 12 times for 18. UCONN's Defense is a 78 overall

I cant endure this lunacy anymore.

Thank goodness for the Wii version. At least the CPU plays like it has some kind of brain.
I know your pain.. I haven't put it on the shelf yet but don't play as much as I would in the past on last gen systems.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I stopped playing games a while ago, basically im getting my rosters ready for next patch and hoping for the best.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Bought it on release day and been on the shelf pretty much ever since. I was really thinkin about giving it a shot again but seeing this post reminds me of why its on the shelf in the first place. Hoping that patch #2 cures all ills as well.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

The sight of at least one defensive linemen getting chop blocked every play makes me want to set my eyelids on fire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

From what I understand, the second patch isn't to far in the future, so maybe things will get better for you.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I've managed to tweak the sliders so that I can at least stomach the game, despite the CPU's inability to run, the ridiculously excessive human pick-6s, easy kick returns and other stuff.

The game has so much promise. All I can say is, if patch No. 2 doesn't fix the major issues, it will be one of my greatest gaming disappointments.

Edit: Let me add this. Since I probably won't be able to go on line and get the patch until the second or third day, I'm almost petrified to go on these boards and see a thread that says something like: "Patch 2 didn't fix (fill in the blank).''

Last edited by Spanky; 08-19-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: And another thing ...
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Not sure why everyone is so optimistic about the second patch. As it is now, we play with the pass block slider at 0 and still get no pressure. The last time I checked what was going to be fixed, pass rush and DL pressure was not there.

Hopefully they'll do something about "unofficially" but, I doubt it. The kicking game will be fixed, the zone coverage is supposed to be improved as is the ghost juking. Maybe by some random act of God the better zone coverage will lead to more sacks. Again, I doubt it.

At this point, why should we trust anything this group puts out from a football perspective?

So let's say the BIG issues are resolved with this patch. One of the BIGGEST problems will still be there and that is the whack CPU playcalling. Fake punts, going for it on practically every 4th and short in opponent's territory, terrible clock management, and worst of all passing way late in the game with a lead. THAT is what has me contemplating mailing this thing in a million pieces to Tiburon.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »