Home

EA; Why Is a 85 Speed OLB, Slower Then a 85 Speed FB or TE?

This is a discussion on EA; Why Is a 85 Speed OLB, Slower Then a 85 Speed FB or TE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA; Why Is a 85 Speed OLB, Slower Then a 85 Speed FB or TE?

Also, the running back ability slider, for some reason, also increases running speed. If you have this cranked up for the CPU (like you need to for the CPU to have any sort of a running game) then you're making their ball carriers run faster too.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

And here I just thought I really sucked at covering...with this excuse I can just say I sorta suck. I agree with this assessment of LBs slower than RB when they both have the SAME speed rating even at full stamina.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

What's crazy is how fast your defensive players run pre-snap. Take your LB and strafe him around before the offense snaps the ball. You'll be thinking you've got one hell of a baller. As soon as that ball is snapped, your LB blows a tire and is no longer the same player.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is how slow your RB initially runs after the handoff. It's like the game has a built-in "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi" mechanic before your player is allowed to run. It's one thing when running a draw and the HB is taking off from a dead stop, but another when running sweeps or stretches where the HB is already moving up to speed.

I wish EA would either:

1) Eliminate speed burst all-together and allow the players to run at their attribute level (speed, agility, acceleration) for all positions.

2) Keep speed burst the way it is and let players run at their attribute level for all positions.

3) Change the element of speed burst where it's an actual burst rather than a full-time effect. It would definitely make using it a little more strategic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy38
Change the element of speed burst where it's an actual burst rather than a full-time effect. It would definitely make using it a little more strategic.
I really like this possible solution. Or maybe only have a few players who have that "extra gear" be able to sprint for a longer period of time. I like the weapon system Madden has...I think this could play into it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

they should get rid of speed burst all togethor...

Nhl did and people cried for one year and then realized it was the start of building one of the best sports games around.

Football should do the same.

Just like watching olympic sprinters... they all are about the same out of the blocks and then speed comes into play.

Players should run at say 90% of there speed at all times and once they hit 6-7-8- steps (without jukes, spins, stiffs, etc.) they start to turn the after burners on.

But that shouldnt be an extra button.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

LBs feet in quick sand, DBs who bird watch from behind the WR in there zone, D-Line that are doing circus like flips when an offensive linemen touches him, and CPU QBs that do jump 360s before releasing perfect bullet passes down field..... its all part of the new phenominon known as "Wide Open Gameplay" that has everyone so pumped for this game! It ROCKS!

Next year I hope they make the safeties do 10 pushups at the start of every play to further open things up for the deep passes.

Perhaps another feature for next year will be the "12 man" feature where if your team gets excited enough you literally get to use a 12 man on the offense for a while to further open up the offense because getting 50-80 ppg ain't enough any more.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #15
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Tell us how you really feel Keyser Soze?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Tell us how you really feel Keyser Soze?

LOL, it just amazes me that a game that already has sliders would do this. If a person wants to open things up and make it offensively biased, shouldn't that be what sliders are for? I don't see why they would build that kind of stuff into the default code versus leaving it for sliders.... amazes me, it truly does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »