Home

So I just recruited the number 1 qb overall and ..

This is a discussion on So I just recruited the number 1 qb overall and .. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: So I just recruited the number 1 qb overall and ..

^^^Are you honestly going to say that after one game? They got beat by a good team with players playing in their first game, of course they will improve as the season goes along. I would expect the defense to play like they did in the second half the rest of the season. They should be dominant. The only thing that surprised me in that game was how the defense played in the first half which is not going to be the norm. In the second half they held Utah to 30 yards and sacked the qb 5 times. They had the 6 rated recruiting class according to scout so these young guys have alot of talent give them a couple of games to start showing that talent. Anything less than 9 wins would be unacceptable.

Also don't underestimate Utah there defense was in the top 20 last year in total defense. They were installing a new offense with young players against a very good team, what happened wasn't that unexpected but it also shouldn't be expected as the norm for the season, give these young guys some expierence and they will start showing the talent. Also the running game will be alot better than what they showed, they have got alot of talented rb's. Personally I think Minor and Brown should get more carries, 5 carries for the the two guys with expierence is not enough.

Threet should also be the qb no question, while his stats weren't great he at least made some plays. He has alot more talent and a way better arm than Sheridan. Threet was one of the most highly recruited qb's out of high school don't underestimate his talent. Also for the last time you don't need a great running Qb to run the Spread Offense which I hear the media keep on saying.

Sorry for the rant, but I am little annoyed with people acting like they will garbage based on one game which was against a good team. They have talent on offense there just inexpierenced and the defense is very good.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-04-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Actually when I recruited him it said his accuracy was a B+ so I don't know why his accuaracy rating is so low.
These ratings aren't the end all be all (thankfully) and you can get some surprises when the kids finally show up on campus which I like and think is cool. I never, ever recruit a MLB without A+ awareness. One year I recruited one with A+ awareness and when he got on my team his awareness was a frickin' 66 as opposed to the usual 80+ I get with my MLBs.

Quote:
I would expect the defense to play like they did in the second half the rest of the season. They should be dominant. The only thing that surprised me in that game was how the defense played in the first half which is not going to be the norm. In the second half they held Utah to 30 yards and sacked the qb 5 times.
This is the part that scares me the most. Utah dropped 300+ yards on our defense in the 1st half. Sure we looked much better in the 2nd half, but Utah also got very conservative on offense in the 2nd half too. I think they had as much to do with our good 2nd half defensive numbers as our defense did.

Quote:
Personally I think Minor and Brown should get more carries, 5 carries for the the two guys with expierence is not enough.
This is the thing that irked me the most about this game. Brown didn't even line up in the backfield once! He took 1 direct snap and that was it. Minor should get more carries too. It'd be a real shame to let talented guys like them sit the season out because they don't fit the archetype that RichieRod is looking for.

Quote:
Threet should also be the qb no question, while his stats weren't great he at least made some plays. He has alot more talent and a way better arm than Sheridan. Threet was one of the most highly recruited qb's out of high school don't underestimate his talent. Also for the last time you don't need a great running Qb to run the Spread Offense which I hear the media keep on saying.
I agree about Threet/Sheridan. Threet should be the guy. I, however, would like to see some speed in the backfield so I'm hoping that Feagin can get his act together by about midseason or so. If not to start, then at least as a change of pace and to put a running threat in at the QB position.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant, but I am little annoyed with people acting like they will garbage based on one game which was against a good team. They have talent on offense there just inexpierenced and the defense is very good.
I'm with you here too. I got a call from my Uncle less than 60 seconds after the game finished saying how the spread offense is garbage and how RichieRod needs to go and how the season is lost. While I don't think that anything less than 9 wins is unacceptable, I think that 8 wins this year would be good and certainly reasonable. I'm still psyched about this season and looking forward to seeing how we'll do. It'll be even better next year when we get guys like Beaver and Forcier on the team.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717

I agree about Threet/Sheridan. Threet should be the guy. I, however, would like to see some speed in the backfield so I'm hoping that Feagin can get his act together by about midseason or so. If not to start, then at least as a change of pace and to put a running threat in at the QB position.

i thought i read that feagen was redshirting this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
i thought i read that feagen was redshirting this year
I hadn't heard that so I googled it and you're right about that. The first thing that came up in the search gave me a big laugh though.

It was a story on when Feagin committed to UofM and it says this:
"Terrell Pryor would be pulling splinters out of his butt if he were to attend Michigan. Feagin is the next Pat White, only better"

That's pretty hilarious!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

QB Michael Robinson from Penn State a few years ago was 6-1 217. This guy sounds like him. He wasnt big but he seemed like he was trucking people all the time.

Jacob Hester also wasnt big and he trucks everyone.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
QB Michael Robinson from Penn State a few years ago was 6-1 217. This guy sounds like him. He wasnt big but he seemed like he was trucking people all the time.

Jacob Hester also wasnt big and he trucks everyone.
Hester weighed a lot though. This guy is percy harvin from last year size.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

The thing is recruiting in the game at a place like Michigan is so easy it takes the fun out of it. I let the cpu do the recruiting after I put the the players I wanted on the board and was still able to bring in 6 5* players and 10 4*players. I almost landed the best player at every single position.

Side note for Michigan fans on a player missing from the game who I created. Martevious Odoms the small speedster wr who for what ever reason only touched the ball twice in the first game.

And as far Michigan defense goes in real life I would expect them to play like they did in the second half against Utah. The d-line dominated the second half and they should be dominate the whole season. Too much expierence and talent on the defense for the first half performence to be the norm. That is why I think 8 wins in lowballing what the team can do. The defense should be able to carry the team and the offense will get better as the year goes on.

Also Jello even though we agree on most of those points I disagree with you about Utah getting conservative in the second half. I thought the playcalling was almost identical the difference being Michigan's d-line creating pressure and sacking the qb. Also the one td for us was set up by the defense forcing the fumble.

Also I would not be very concerned about the secondary despite the first half performence. Trent and Warren are both very good corners and Harrison is a very good safety.

Also I think the paper said that Brown had a shoulder injury which is why he only got the ball once but their is no excuse for Minor touching ball the 4 times, he should be the primary guy espicially running between the tackles. Shaw and Mcguffie should be the change ups and getting the ball on the outside in space not between the tackles. So yeah the playcalling wasn't very good IMO. Too many passes, not getting the playmakers the ball and what the heck was up with the two plays where they tried to trick the defense by having the offensive line stand still at the snap. Bringing up the offensive line they get the most blame in my mind, they played awful. If only we had Jake Long back.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-04-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »