Home

Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings

This is a discussion on Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings

OMT has been very helpful through this process ,and this is not a diss thread(So respect his gangsta). But i disagree with there choice to not implement the new QB ratings. If your like me importing your draft class is almost as exciting as any other feature. I think that not having the same system will result in some "bizarre anomalies" when its time for rookies to move on to Madden. I understand that NCAA will implement there own system ,but i think this was clearly 1 of those times EA should have been uniformal in there approach to game play. Now NCAA system may end up trumping Madden extra ratings only time wil tell ,but I still think there should have both agreed on a system conducive to both games instead of going in different directions. At 1st site with no knowlegde of NCAA plans this seem like a no brainer for NCAA considering the range of talent level in college is greater than in the pros. So i would think that NCAA dev. team would jump at this system. I hope im wrong and everything works out smoothly and that NCAA idea is great ,but more ratings seems more geared towards improving gameplay. I really dont want a gimmicky feature to try to seperate Studs from Scrubs!(ie impact players)

Last edited by nexdawg; 02-27-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Questionable Decision 2 Omit QB Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
OMT has been very helpful through this process ,and this is not a diss thread(So respect his gangsta). But i disagree with there choice to not implement the new QB ratings. If your like me importing your draft class is almost as exciting as any other feature. I think that not having the same system will result in some "bizarre anomalies" when its time for rookies to move on to Madden. I understand that NCAA will implement there own system ,but i think this was clearly 1 of those times EA should have been uniformal in there approach to game play. Now NCAA system may end up trumping Madden extra ratings only time wil tell ,but I still think there should have both agreed on a system conducive to both games instead of going in different directions. At 1st site with no knowlegde of NCAA plans this seem like a no brainer for NCAA considering the range of talent level in college is greater than in the pros. So i would think that NCAA dev. team would jump at this system. I hope im wrong and everything works out smoothly and that NCAA idea is great ,but more ratings seems more geared towards improving gameplay. I really dont want a gimmicky feature to try to seperate Studs from Scrubs!(ie impact players)

Madden forum has a thread where you can discuss your ideas about how they can try and translate the new qb ratings from ncaa into madden.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

I was one of the first to OMG OMG over the fact that the ratings aren't in the game but I don't think it's a big deal now.

Good thing is they have the new passing radius.

But think about the new ratings. Over 400 QB's they'd have to rate. That'd be impossible not by actually doing it - but getting it correct.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
I was one of the first to OMG OMG over the fact that the ratings aren't in the game but I don't think it's a big deal now.

Good thing is they have the new passing radius.

But think about the new ratings. Over 400 QB's they'd have to rate. That'd be impossible not by actually doing it - but getting it correct.
Isn't it their job to rate players though?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Isn't it their job to rate players though?
would you rather have them create ratings for the hundreds of QB's or focus on tuning the new passing radius to better the game play?

All the ratings in the game are tools used to produce the gameplay. Beyond that they are just numbers for us to ooh-ahh at and compare players based on. If they dont affect the game then comparisons are moot.

It would be nice to have the distinction between accuracies and distances, but as of now its like adding more parts to a broken machine. It makes more sense to fix it before trying to upgrade it.

The next year will most likely have them added, but it takes so much more time to research the many QB's that are not well known in college football (bench players and incoming freshman), compared to the smaller amount of well known players of the NFL.

One thing i don't remember seeing anywhere is if the ratings will be spread out in NCAA the same as madden? As in there being far less 90+ players and the average player being a 70 rather than an 80. Im sure this has been answered I just dont remember seeing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm sorry but I'm pissed. Don't have the time to do the ratings right for the actual players? Who cares then. Just make the ratings all the same and let roster guys edit them as they see fit. At least give us a choice and you can still randomly generate players in the future with different ratings.

This is unacceptable to me. I'd like to say I won't buy the game but at the very least this pisses me off to the point I've actually thought of buying Madden and passing on NCAA.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

You all are freaking out over nothing. The QB cone is what's the big deal. The ratings don't matter because anyone can user catch nearly any ball anyway.

I'm a person who bitches at EA about almost anything, but these new ratings don't really bother me because we don't even know how well they're even going to work (or if they'll even do anything).

And LOL @ you saying they should have every QB rated the same and have the community do it.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

It's really not that big of a deal, OL/DL conrol how well the qb's should play as I've stated in the below post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
This in not that big of a deal to me. Cause for 1 we are only assuming they will work the way we think they will. Try most of the attributes at 0 and then 100. Do you really notice that much of a difference? (other than speed) I dont. I believe most of them are there just to be there and look pretty. Look at all the WR rating, I cant tell the difference between a possestion Wr or not one. Speed is the only thing I can def. see the difference for.

All that we really need is for the OL/DL to be fixed to a point where it effect the qb play. If you wann roll right all day and pass well then you should get sacked all day. Cause your giving the De a easy path to get to you. Same as dropping back 10-15 yards, again the ends just have easy access at getting to you.

The Great DT's/De's should be dominate against weaker
O-Linemen. And if you dont keep a back/TE/Fb in to help block him you should have to pay. This alone would upgrade passing that much.

For me the KEY to this game being great or the same is through the OL/DL play. If they get that right, then all should be good in Ncaa10 (IMO)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »