Home

Conference Logos will not change.

This is a discussion on Conference Logos will not change. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Conference Logos will not change.

Yeah, I will just stick with the real conference alignments in any OD that I engage in.... Not that the fake logo thing is a huge deal (I have colorado state in the Big 12 in one of my dynasties and I've learned to not mind it) but the lack of swappable logos makes it an easy choice not to in most dynasties.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
around the time they introduced bowl endzone art someone asked specifically if the same tech could be applied for changing conference logos. the direct response from OMT was yes the tech is designd for things like that, but for whatever reason they chose not to implement it custom conferences.
I think it's a time issue. This changing of conference logos would require more specific work than end zones because the conference logo is not located in the same place and is not the same size on every field whereas endzones are standard.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
kindella2 & justmanj, the devs have already stated that the same tech that is used for bowl endzone art could be used to adress this issue. so no need to go through and make every stadium/uniform with every possible conference logo. they do have the ability to simply swap them out for eachother. apparently they either just ran out of time to implement it along with the feature or didn't think it was important to enough people.

also, all this is already being discussed under the thread for custom conferences fyi
Here's what we would have to do for just the fields (let alone stadiums and uniforms):

1. Remove existing conference logos from every team's field (120 fields)
2. Create a logo for each conference for each team (1320 logos), as these logos are team colored
3. Identify the placement of every logo
4. Hook up the logic for every team

This is really a large task from an art standpoint. The dev/programming time would probably take a couple weeks, but it would severely impact our art budget.

This was in the original design but was cut in order to get custom conferences in the game this year. It will be a high priority for me next year.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #20
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they have the tech, but probably not the time to do the art and programming.

I'm not sure how their field art is done right now or if Adam would even tell us how it currently is(just basing this of the "details" blog), but their field art is one piece of art or one file. so before they could do the conference logo changing thing, they would have to redo all the teams(120 teams) fields to not include the conference logo at all, and then have the conference logos done separately. then they could program it so when the game loads, it looks to see which conference the home team is in, and then displays the correct one onto the field.

thats basically how they did the bowl game end zones. each bowl game has their own field art with blank end zones, and when the game loads, it reads what teams are involved and puts their end zone art in the end zone.

some thing goes for the uniforms, except there are 300+ uniforms.
Heh.. I should have read through the thread before making my post. You are exactly right.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I think it's a time issue. This changing of conference logos would require more specific work than end zones because the conference logo is not located in the same place and is not the same size on every field whereas endzones are standard.
Right. For conference logos it would require adjusting 120 fields and 1300ish logos. For Bowl Endzones, it was 33 (I think?) fields, and 120 endzones.

I had to remove the dynamic conference logo requirement from the design to get custom conferences in budget. We were going to cut it otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #22
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Right. For conference logos it would require adjusting 120 fields and 1300ish logos. For Bowl Endzones, it was 33 (I think?) fields, and 120 endzones.

I had to remove the dynamic conference logo requirement from the design to get custom conferences in budget. We were going to cut it otherwise.
Given those options, I'm glad that you made the decision that you did. Better to at least get the basic functionality in the game now, and worry about the details later.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

As a simpler idea, couldn't you use the conference logos without the customized colors? Then you'd only have 132 logos to have to work with.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
As a simpler idea, couldn't you use the conference logos without the customized colors? Then you'd only have 132 logos to have to work with.
Maybe. It would have to be approved.

I'm going to have to come up with something though, cause I really want this in next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »