Home

Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode?

This is a discussion on Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's not like the Online leagues that Madden had last year, where only human controlled teams played and was only 1 season long. Online Dynasty is basically a clone of the offline Dynasty(you can have 12 players in an offline dynasty as well, of course your on the same system though), but you have the ability to add some friends to play along with. so now you can play games against each other, recruit against each other, and anything else you normally would do by your self in dynasty mode.
Hmmm... maybe they'd expand that to more players? I'm primarily a Madden player, so we used to do On-line franchises with the PS2 version and we could use a full 32 man franchise. Madden NG however has dropped the ball big time when it comes to this feature (among other things) and that on-line league thing they presented us with last year was a complete joke, so we're looking for something that will fill in the void until Madden gets their sh1t together.

Quote:
it's not perfect, but for the most part it's pretty good. there was a problem with the progression with online dynasty where the team that the commissioner controls, didn't get much if any in-season progression. but the off-season they would. I'm not sure what type of info your looking for though.
Just how it works generaly. For example in PS2 Madden they had 3 progression points, after week 5, 11 and 16 if I recall correctly, and then after each playoff game aside from the Wildcards. That system wasn't perfect, but we were happy with it.

NG Madden mucked it all up to where progression only occurs at the end of the season and its always the same. So if I took a franchise, simmed it to the end of season one 5 different times, I would get the same exact results no matter what... which is obviously horrendous. Also stats that I never thought should go up regulraly like spd got huge boosts. M. Lawson for example would always get +3 SPD ... which I found silly.

Quote:
inormally during the season, players can improve based on playing time/stats. mostly they only gain Awareness ratings, but there are times where strength and other attributes increased.
Yeah this is more like the PS2 system, which I thought was good.

Thanks for the info again

And just to confirm, I assume that its pretty simply to download real rosters for this game shortly after the game comes out? I can only assume that the community is pretty active in fixing up all the names and such...
Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #18
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
And just to confirm, I assume that its pretty simply to download real rosters for this game shortly after the game comes out? I can only assume that the community is pretty active in fixing up all the names and such...
it's very easy since NCAA '09. they added online roster sharing via EA Sports locker, so all you have to do is enter the gamertag/PSN ID of the person that made them/hosting them and download away. for '09 there were rosters available on day 1. although there was a glitch in the game that cause some problems and required a patch to fix and that roster became useless.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
it's very easy since NCAA '09. they added online roster sharing via EA Sports locker, so all you have to do is enter the gamertag/PSN ID of the person that made them/hosting them and download away. for '09 there were rosters available on day 1. although there was a glitch in the game that cause some problems and required a patch to fix and that roster became useless.
Sounds good. Well great, I think that if Madden 10 says no On-line Franchise then I'll be trying out NCAA... never thought I would

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »