Home

Does anyone miss the classic teams as much as me?

This is a discussion on Does anyone miss the classic teams as much as me? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does anyone miss the classic teams as much as me?

I've been creating a hybrid version of Classic rosters which are mixed with a combination of old school legend players and younger generation players from each school.

I prefer that approach because you can take the teams into Dynasty mode and play 3-4 years with a roster featuring SR's, JR's, SO's and FR's.

That way your looking at Classic teams that has all SR's and every player assigned a 99 overall rating (Which is how EA's Classic teams were done in years past)

I have about 16 demo teams in my locker (ea09sports) that are all rated based on Madden ratings from the past 5 years 8 SEC teams plus Nebraska, UNC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Texas and Virginia Tech

Here are some video clips I saved of a few teams in action

Mike Rozier of Nebraska throwing the stiff arm
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4648081

Lawrence Taylor and William Fuller of UNC stuffing Rozier
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4572740

Don McPherson of Syracuse hitting Art Monk deep over DeAngelo Hall
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4573159

Jamelle Holieway of Oklahoma badly misfiring on this crossing route
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4573033

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Wasn't a big fan of classic teams or situations.... But know ppl are.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #11
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I really miss the classic teams. I want to see how the new game can do a running back like Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, or Jerome Bettis justice. Obviously, compared to the older games that didn't have the highlight stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've been creating a hybrid version of Classic rosters which are mixed with a combination of old school legend players and younger generation players from each school.

I prefer that approach because you can take the teams into Dynasty mode and play 3-4 years with a roster featuring SR's, JR's, SO's and FR's.

That way your looking at Classic teams that has all SR's and every player assigned a 99 overall rating (Which is how EA's Classic teams were done in years past)

I have about 16 demo teams in my locker (ea09sports) that are all rated based on Madden ratings from the past 5 years 8 SEC teams plus Nebraska, UNC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Texas and Virginia Tech

Here are some video clips I saved of a few teams in action

Mike Rozier of Nebraska throwing the stiff arm
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4648081

Lawrence Taylor and William Fuller of UNC stuffing Rozier
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4572740

Don McPherson of Syracuse hitting Art Monk deep over DeAngelo Hall
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4573159

Jamelle Holieway of Oklahoma badly misfiring on this crossing route
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4573033
Nice vids...thanks for sharing them and the roster files...I miss the all-time teams and wish that EA would somehow make them playable online for unranked games (WITH stats please...it was cool to play with created teams on Madden NFL 2008 but it totally sucked that there were ZERO stats!!!)

Imagine the match-ups!

NCAA -

1988 ND vs. 2004 USC (Greatest teams of the last 35 years for the greatest intersectional rivalry!)

1987 Miami vs. 1993 FSU (Back in the day FSU - UM was HUGE every year...but these teams were the best of those schools in their prime...)

1988 Ok. State vs. 1985 Auburn (Barry Sanders vs. Bo Jackson - Sanders stats in 1988 were INSANE - from WIKI = "He set college football season records with 2,628 yards rushing, 3,249 total yards, 234 points, 39 touchdowns, of which 37 were rushing (also a record), 5 consecutive 200 yard games, scored at least 2 touchdowns in 11 consecutive games, and 9 times he scored at least 3 touchdowns. Sanders also ran for 222 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in his three quarters of action in the Holiday Bowl - a game that was not included with his season statistics." DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!)

1994 Nebraska vs. 2007 West Virgina (anyone who thinks Pat White is badass obviously missed seeing Tommy Frazier in his prime!)

Madden -

1985 Chicago Bears vs. 2000 Baltimore Ravens (Defensive showdown!)

1999 St. Louis Rams vs. 2005 Indianapolis Colts (Offensive fireworks are certain!)

1978 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. 2004 New England Patriots (Clash of "dynasties"...though you could EASILY sub in many teams here!)
1993 Cowboys vs. 1989 San Francisco 49er's
1972 Miami Dolphins vs. 1967 Green Bay Packers

1976 Minnesota Vikings vs. 1993 Buffalo Bills (At least the Broncos later won a pair in Elway's swan song seasons - otherwise you could have thrown in the 1989 Broncos too...but this would have been a match up of 4-time SB Losing teams...)

1984 San Francisco 49er's vs 1985 Chicago Bears (only two 18-1 teams with Super Bowl Titles...sorry Pats fans...gotta WIN the big one to get into the battle of all-time greatest champs!)

Last edited by Moostache; 04-02-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Nice vids...thanks for sharing them and the roster files...I miss the all-time teams and wish that EA would somehow make them playable online for unranked games (WITH stats please...it was cool to play with created teams on Madden NFL 2008 but it totally sucked that there were ZERO stats!!!)

Imagine the match-ups!

NCAA -

1988 ND vs. 2004 USC (Greatest teams of the last 35 years for the greatest intersectional rivalry!)

1987 Miami vs. 1993 FSU (Back in the day FSU - UM was HUGE every year...but these teams were the best of those schools in their prime...)

1988 Ok. State vs. 1985 Auburn (Barry Sanders vs. Bo Jackson - Sanders stats in 1988 were INSANE - from WIKI = "He set college football season records with 2,628 yards rushing, 3,249 total yards, 234 points, 39 touchdowns, of which 37 were rushing (also a record), 5 consecutive 200 yard games, scored at least 2 touchdowns in 11 consecutive games, and 9 times he scored at least 3 touchdowns. Sanders also ran for 222 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in his three quarters of action in the Holiday Bowl - a game that was not included with his season statistics." DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!)

1994 Nebraska vs. 2007 West Virgina (anyone who thinks Pat White is badass obviously missed seeing Tommy Frazier in his prime!)

Madden -

1985 Chicago Bears vs. 2000 Baltimore Ravens (Defensive showdown!)

1999 St. Louis Rams vs. 2005 Indianapolis Colts (Offensive fireworks are certain!)

1978 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. 2004 New England Patriots (Clash of "dynasties"...though you could EASILY sub in many teams here!)
1993 Cowboys vs. 1989 San Francisco 49er's
1972 Miami Dolphins vs. 1967 Green Bay Packers

1976 Minnesota Vikings vs. 1993 Buffalo Bills (At least the Broncos later won a pair in Elway's swan song seasons - otherwise you could have thrown in the 1989 Broncos too...but this would have been a match up of 4-time SB Losing teams...)

1984 San Francisco 49er's vs 1985 Chicago Bears (only two 18-1 teams with Super Bowl Titles...sorry Pats fans...gotta WIN the big one to get into the battle of all-time greatest champs!)
I'd rather have 2001 Miami considering it is the #1 college team of all time.

― Plato
Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'd rather have 2001 Miami considering it is the #1 college team of all time.
True. There's never been and there never will be a team with so many elite future NFL players as that particular team. Loaded doesn't even do them justice.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

OVR: 5

And to stay on topic I'd love to see the return of the classic teams. Its always interesting to look back at players from the past knowing how they turned out later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4

1992 Bama as much as it pains me is my vote for greatest team of all time.Their D was NASTY and their running game was tough too.If the classic teams were in the game we could settle it on the field!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »