Home

Online Dynasty Video continued

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Video continued within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12
Online Dynasty Video continued

I have a feeling this post got lost in the big Dynasty Video Thread... figured it was worth a repost due to the information (sorry for the double post if you already read it):

Hey guys. We are really busy here as we are trying to get the game finished, so my responses are starting to become a lot less frequent... Sorry about that, but we are making a push to get the game as polished as we can for that July 14th release.

If you didn't listen to the EA Sports live today, do download it I think there is a link at the bottom of easportsworld.com/en_US. I talked a little bit about the Dynasty Video at the end of today's show.

Here are some quick answers from the posts I read through over the weekend:

Adaptive AI:
It is a gradual system, so basically it builds up... and builds down. The skill level is what drives how fast it goes either way. We are still tuning aspects of it so it's hard for me to give an exact breakdown of everything .

Also it takes into account the route, so you can't hide a player in different formations and call the same route for him. For example if you keep trying to call a streak from different formations, Adaptive AI will pick up on it.

Holding Recruits:
The idea is (as many of you have guessed) that we are simulating those guys that do not sign, fly under the radar, or just blow up their senior year. We had to cut out the reasons from the video for length purposes.

Recruits:
Not really a question, but I feel it's important. We've spent the last week or so really trying to fine tune the recruits that come into your Dynasty's... in NCAA 09 you would get too many "good" recruits. The goal is to only have a handful of recruits come into the nation with an OVR rating above 80 at each position. While there are some guys that can step up and play as true freshmen, there should not be as many as we've had in years past.

We are spending hours upon hours SIMing through seasons and logging the attributes of players both when they are created, and as they progress through the seasons. The goal is to create a situation where you need players to progress to juniors and seniors as opposed to simply "reloading" every year with freshmen.

You know... I really should just put together a blog on all the tuning/fixes for NCAA Football 10 Dynasty modes; the video really doesn't provide the details (just an overview).

-Russ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Online Dynasty Video continued

Nice job...and i think the blog on the fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your hard work. Cant wait!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Holding Recruits:
The idea is (as many of you have guessed) that we are simulating those guys that do not sign, fly under the radar, or just blow up their senior year. We had to cut out the reasons from the video for length purposes.
This was my thinking thats why I liked the idea....two AAMU ppl post back to back. Strange
Old 04-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Just make it harder to recruit against the CPU. Every OD that hasn't had crazy recruiting restrictions has been ruined by this. You completely drain the CPU of all the talent.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

One question I have....If I have a power running game with a big 96 rated Brandon Jacobs type back. I'm playing Western Kentucky and I pound him all game long up the middle for 5 yards a pop. With adaptive A.I., does it take into account that my offensive line is as dominant as my running back as compared to their DL and thats the reason I'm punishing them up the middle.

In shorter words...eventhough they know whats coming, the difference in talent level is one of the reasons I have success against them?

And will fatigue matter in adaptive A.I.?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You know... I really should just put together a blog on all the tuning/fixes for NCAA Football 10 Dynasty modes; the video really doesn't provide the details (just an overview).
This would be great. As a hardcore dynasty guy, i want as much dynasty info as i can get. If this mode doesnt work, or doesnt get a yearly facelift with new improvements, it disappoints alot of people.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

A blog of dynasty changes would be nice.

I would expect or hope your objective is to have future recruit ratings be equal overall each season the dynasty progresses. Some years there may be better QBs than RBs or better RBs than WRs, but overall, the total level of talent shouldn't fluctuate that much.

For instance, we start our dynasty with the default roster and say there are 10 true freshman rated 80+. Each season the dynasty progresses, the total number of 80+ rated freshman should be around 10, some years a few less, some a few more. Same goes for the total number of 70s rated recruits, 60s, and so on.

This logic should also apply for player progression and all player ratings. Each dynasty season, the total number of 90s rated, 80s, 70s, etc players should be relatively equal. This will help create the balance in player talent that dynasty mode needs.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
I have a feeling this post got lost in the big Dynasty Video Thread... figured it was worth a repost due to the information (sorry for the double post if you already read it):

Hey guys. We are really busy here as we are trying to get the game finished, so my responses are starting to become a lot less frequent... Sorry about that, but we are making a push to get the game as polished as we can for that July 14th release.

If you didn't listen to the EA Sports live today, do download it I think there is a link at the bottom of easportsworld.com/en_US. I talked a little bit about the Dynasty Video at the end of today's show.

Here are some quick answers from the posts I read through over the weekend:

Adaptive AI:
It is a gradual system, so basically it builds up... and builds down. The skill level is what drives how fast it goes either way. We are still tuning aspects of it so it's hard for me to give an exact breakdown of everything .

Also it takes into account the route, so you can't hide a player in different formations and call the same route for him. For example if you keep trying to call a streak from different formations, Adaptive AI will pick up on it.

Holding Recruits:

Recruits:
Not really a question, but I feel it's important. We've spent the last week or so really trying to fine tune the recruits that come into your Dynasty's... in NCAA 09 you would get too many "good" recruits. The goal is to only have a handful of recruits come into the nation with an OVR rating above 80 at each position. While there are some guys that can step up and play as true freshmen, there should not be as many as we've had in years past.

We are spending hours upon hours SIMing through seasons and logging the attributes of players both when they are created, and as they progress through the seasons. The goal is to create a situation where you need players to progress to juniors and seniors as opposed to simply "reloading" every year with freshmen.

-Russ
Thats what i like to see. A blog on it would be nice. Lets get under that hood and check it out. Nothing big ya know.
( off-topic. Shout out to them 2 bulldogs up there. I used to run threw West Dorm like water.lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »