Home

One of the cover athletes was leaked today

This is a discussion on One of the cover athletes was leaked today within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: One of the cover athletes was leaked today

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
guys johnson will more than likely be on the psp or ps2 version hes like a desean or owen schimdt kinda guy

ps3/360=E|lite players
Jared Zabransky proves that this isn't true. EA love an underdog character. Johnson will be on the PS3 or 360.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #58
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Jared Zabransky proves that this isn't true. EA love an underdog character. Johnson will be on the PS3 or 360.

That was back when they only had one coverboy, though.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #59
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Re: Jared Zabransky

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Ry__
What newspaper was it? I thought it was the Idaho Stateman.
Utah... Idaho... always confuse them.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
That Bama game was no where near the level of excietement as our game.

I hope Johnson is not on the PS3 cover, though.
lol i hope hes not on the 360 haha
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
That was back when they only had one coverboy, though.
If they can put Zabranski on the cover when there's only one cover boy, it proves my point more. Johnson will be on the 360 or PS3. There's no tier system. EA also know it would be a bit mean to place him on the PS2, when it's gonna be the highlight of his year. The other cover prospects all have a high draft to look forward to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #62
Pro

Lava's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
If they can put Zabranski on the cover when there's only one cover boy, it proves my point more. Johnson will be on the 360 or PS3. There's no tier system. EA also know it would be a bit mean to place him on the PS2, when it's gonna be the highlight of his year. The other cover prospects all have a high draft to look forward to.
I don't see how it'd be 'mean' to put him on the PS2. No matter which you're on, you're still a coverboy for the college football videogame for that year.

I'm not sure how EA determines who goes on which, but looking at last year it seemed like they put the lesser-hyped candidates (Owen Schmitt, Desean Jackson) on the PS2/PSP covers and I think that's where the notion that Johnson will be on one of those two comes from.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #63
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jared Zabransky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Utah... Idaho... always confuse them.
did not like that one bit....
Old 04-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I don't see how it'd be 'mean' to put him on the PS2. No matter which you're on, you're still a coverboy for the college football videogame for that year.

I'm not sure how EA determines who goes on which, but looking at last year it seemed like they put the lesser-hyped candidates (Owen Schmitt, Desean Jackson) on the PS2/PSP covers and I think that's where the notion that Johnson will be on one of those two comes from.
I would bet money that he's on the PS3 or 360. It is a far lesser achievement to be on the PS2 or PSP as sales are far lower. The PS2 version sold aprox 70,000 copies in the first week, the PSP sold aprox 30,000, in comparison to 130,000, on PS3, and 300,000 on Xbox 360. There will be even less sales of PS2 this year.

The reason why I'm persisting with this argument is that I'm pretty sure that EA's sentiment will to be to give a big shout out to the Utes and Johnson for lack of recognition. It's not appropriate to compare it with last year because all players were from big schools and drafted reasonably well, even if Schmitt and Jackson went lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »