Home

Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

This is a discussion on Wide Open Gameplay your friend! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #25
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
AA's bringin the heat
Wooooord. Tell 'em why we mad, son!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm sorry....but you are so unbelievably WRONG it's not even funny.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide Open Gameplay was Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide Open because of Blatant HORRID FLAWED GAMEPLAY and AI LOGIC.

Period.

So yes...it IS to blame and is a broken system.

Here is what Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide Open Gameplay amounts to.....

1. Horrid Pursuit angles by defenders which turn 2 yard losses into 60 yard touchdowns....every. single. game.

2. Complete and total lack of any real Defensive line push/pressure in a reasonable amout of time....i.e. QBs have literally all day to sit there and find an open man.

3. Horrid DB and LB pass coverage. You can literally run comeback and hitch routes all day long for 5 yard gains and the defense will never adjust and take the routes away. You can nickel and dime to death.

4. Ridiculous RB "separation" when running a pass route from Safeties and LBs. Even LBs with High 80s speed or even 90 speed are torched out of the flats by 82 speed RBs.

5. Zero effect of pressure, attributes on QB accuracy. Every QB can make a laser 60 yard strike, while throwing off their back foot with a LB in their face. Everyone of them.

6. Ridiculous speed "boost" that EA thought would be "cool" in NCAA 09. A 1 point difference in speed basically meant that a 96 speed WR would torch a 95 speed DB every play. This helped lead to the effect of having a 1 or 2 star receiver who sucked at every rating known to man EXCEPT he ran a 4.18 40 (by the way EA..why the hell do you have these stupid 40 times? A 4.18? Really? That's Record breaking speed.).

Result....You can recruit a bunch of 1 star 95+ speed WRs and destroy any team you play.

Hell..I took Troy State against The Future with his Tennessee Vols and marched up and down the field on him and he couldn't do a thing about it.

That was called Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide Open Gameplay. And that's all it is...a flawed, broken defense.

If you were unable to score more than 10 points a game in the previous 10 installments of NCAA without these cheats, then I'm sorry.

Personally, I never had an issue with the offense in previous NCAAs. In NCAA 08 I had games that were 45-42...but I also had games that were 6-3 and 10-3.

In NCAA 09...unless you were a blind, ********, monkey and played on 5 minute quarters......the normal score in our dynasties were 45-42, 38-35, etc. with a total of 1-2 punts per game. Ridiculous.

I want my damn defense back and I want the overblown speed cheats, broken pursuit angles, and horrid DL/OL interaction fixed.
100+
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If you don't learn to take the sack you will!
I'm not worried about the User, I'm worried about the CPU throwing too many pick sixes. It was the CPU who would never take the sack. They would either make a Robo QB read, or throw it up for grabs.

The days of the CPU QB going 23-28 with 2 TD's, 3 Pick Sixes, and 2 incompletions(both due to drops) need to be gone.

This is going back to 08 when realistic pressure was still possible

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #28
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Guys,

What the heck do you think Wide Open Gameplay is?

You keep saying "it's not a bad thing"...but give me one POSITIVE about how EA implemented Wide Open Gameplay last year.

You guys are basically saying "You know, having a neutered defense was fun and exciting and I really didn't have any problem with it".

That is what you guys are saying.

If you'd like, I'll offer you the same Challenge I offered folks last year. Pick any powerhouse school, challenge me, and I'll pick Troy or some lower rated team.

I will either 1. Beat you or 2. Stay really really close to you.

Why? Because LSU or USC's Defense would get shredded by Bowling Green if I just went 4 or 5 WR and ran hitches, comebacks, and slants all day long on you.

If you attempted to bring a "blitz"...I'd still get the pass off because of how badly the blitzes have been neutered. I'll have at least 4-5 seconds to find a receiver every single play....Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long in reality for any defense to have hope of stopping an offense.

Again...I know the EA guys are working on this for NCAA 10..or I hope they are...because I'm pointing out just how laughable the 09 gameplay was.

Solidice, Stewaat, BluenGold, kodiak, and I would literally have just about every head to head game come down to who turned the ball over or had to punt once...because we usually scored on every single possession.

That's not cool. In any way, shape, or form.

@AdamdotH
Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #29
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If you don't learn to take the sack you will!
what about versus the cpu? will users still get a lot of pick 6's versus the cpu each game?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #30
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I think WOGP is the freedom to move without it feeling scripted. I think WOGP is 60FPS and unscripted ball animation. This year just felt a lot looser when I played it from the past next gen games. I dont know if you watch real college football but there is a lot of miss tackles and bad angles they just went overboard with it last year. Speed is important in the college game(its not the only thing) but why do you think the SEC has won the last three NC games?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
what about versus the cpu? will users still get a lot of pick 6's versus the cpu each game?
This is exactly what I want to know. How is the CPU QB logic? I don't want to feel guilty if I pick off 3 or 4 passes in a game. I want to feel excited and like I accomplished something in the game.

I just hate having a have "house rules" where I can "user pick" or use the turbo/speed trigger on INT returns.

Just make it feel legit and I'll be a happy gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #32
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Speed is important in the college game(its not the only thing) but why do you think the SEC has won the last three NC games?
Because of their defenses?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »