Home

recruiting has so much more potential

This is a discussion on recruiting has so much more potential within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: recruiting has so much more potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
They could leave an option at the start of the season for a coach to make. If he wants in-depth recruiting then he can choose the better version. If he wants to make it faster he can select the 10 hour phone call. They would have to find a way to balance it out but it could make everyone happy.

I for one want a better recruiting system. The 10 hour system is a chore. It is not something that overall makes the game better.
No, I think some of you guys missed the point. The 10 hour system is a chore, just like you said, but it's not fast. You contradicted yourself.

My idea is that you make a few choices and it sims the outcome. Much quicker, more choices, more realistic, much more in depth. I mean why do we have to wait for the minutes to count down, it kills me.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Another bad thing about the current recruiting is that going through the list is a pain because the menus are so clunky.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Another bad thing about the current recruiting is that going through the list is a pain because the menus are so clunky.
On top of that, does anyone ever get through all 35 recruits with just 10 hours? I mean, I usually only get through the top 12-15 before I run out. It just feels so flawed and fake.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I can get through all 35 with 10 hours.But you only spend like 10 minutes on each. Stupid..

― Plato
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I can get through all 35 with 10 hours.But you only spend like 10 minutes on each. Stupid..
Yea, but is that effective?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
No, I think some of you guys missed the point. The 10 hour system is a chore, just like you said, but it's not fast. You contradicted yourself.

My idea is that you make a few choices and it sims the outcome. Much quicker, more choices, more realistic, much more in depth. I mean why do we have to wait for the minutes to count down, it kills me.
I understand what you mean now about your different system.

You are wrong to say that I contradicted myself. Some people like the 10 hour system. They feel that its a good way to go. They will mix simming the hours and talking to prospects. I said they could make a new system thats different and have the players choose which system that would want to use.

I said I did not like the 10 hour system because it is a chore. I dont feel even mixing up simming and calling that it is a good way to go.

Also, I have never been able to talk to more then a handful of recruits. I will at most get 8-14 players in a season. If you check the Team Recruiting Ranking you will see that teams average 20-40 prospects. They need to fix their system to present real life.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

It's pretty easy to get 25 prospects, you just can't target the best 25 out there or something. Pick your battles, go after 10-14 guys real hard, and then starting in week 2, pick about 6-10 more guys from the list of players that are interested in you that haven't received an offer from anybody - those guys you can 5-10 minute quick call per week and land them, starting in week 2. Add a couple other really good players toward the middle of the season that no teams have offered a scholarship to and get maybe 3 out of 7-8 of those intereted and add those to the 5-10 minute list, it's really pretty easy. And TBH in a 12-man league where it's competitive and fun, I really like the current setup. The 10 hours go by WAY faster than I'd like actually, hah.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

I enjoy the current system. During the regular season it's all about coaches working the phones and building relationships with players. I think that the current system reflects that and does a good job.

the only time i feel like 10 hours isnt enough is when i miss manage my board. and put too many guys on who arent intrested in my school. or if i go after too many 5 star prospects who are holding at least 4 or 5 other offers. If i fill my board with 35 prospects who have me in their top 5 and top 10 i am def. going to sign at least 20 prospects.

I like the current system because it is simple but at the same time there is enough to it; to seperate good recruiters from bad ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »