Home

NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Well your right and wrong at the same time, i have seen vids/clips of protak look at the sizzle trailer ....anyway i got to the gym, i personally like what im seeing from the ncaa team Keep it up!
I've seen the trailer, but I'm not going to condemn it when I don't know how it will look when it's all said and done and how often they will occur.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

has any work been done on run blocking???? and i would like to know more about the shotgun hand offs lol...... hope they added like 1000
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #35
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
has any work been done on run blocking???? and i would like to know more about the shotgun hand offs lol...... hope they added like 1000
I'm not sure how many more there will be, but there are new run plays out of the shotgun and plays that should work better. Someone discussed Florida's playbook upgrade with the counter, dive and some other plays out of the shotgun. Oh, and they also put in "The Tebow". Where the QB playactions off the QB run (with the rocker step forward and come back to the throw).

I'm really interested to see how the running game has improved out of the shotgun. Specifically on the dive and the counter. I hope they nailed the blocking schemes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 41

Thanks for the Info Russ!!! You got my $60 already when I heard about Team Builder A few questions about it though if you can answer them.

• I am hearing you can't use any you want because some won't work with Team Builder for the Helmets? I wanted to create a Seahawk team until Madden 10 is released but people tell me the Seahawk logo won't work on TB. Is this true?
  • Will the new running animations make its way into NCAA 10 as it is being done in Madden 10?
Thanks for your information and if you can answer these 2 questions I thank you in advance!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm liking the round up. Any word on player momentum and the feel of the players compared to what Madden is doing? I really hope they have more weight.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #38
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I really wanted to like NCAA last year, but the ridiculous passing game just kept me from doing that. If the gameplay is improved (which by all means sounds like it is) and with the addition of Teambuilder, this might be the first time in four years that I don't trade off NCAA before August ends.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Pass Blocking
  • Branch Windows
  • Steering and Manipulation
A badly needed upgrade...pocket presence (or TOTAL lack thereof rather) in 2009 was disgusting. It was suicide to play Man defense against anyone who had a QB with greater than 80 spd (or my favorite online jackassery - a CB with 95 spd at QB!). The total inability to disengage the DE/OLB from the OT on the edges after they engaged was disheartening.

Its good to see that this feature was shared across the two EA football titles for 2010. I just hope that it works as well as expected and does not lead to new glitches for the asshat brigade to use...

Quote:

Adaptive AI
  • CPU will adapt to your play calling
I have not seen confirmation of whether or not this is going to be enabled in online play or for online dynasties. IF it is, then great idea to start using this to allow guys (who are only able to manually control one player at a time) a helping hand in seeing to it that their 10 AI controlled teammates do not have the collective cognitive abilities of Forest freaking Gump... at the very least it should make it impossible to do what I was able to do in one online dynasty - throw 27 playaction passes to the FB (every time against man-to-man defense) for 288 yards and 6 TDs in the same game, all without the OLB EVER realizing that an I-form Twins look was not going to be a hand-off!

This is absolutley needed in online play and online dynasty and I hope that I have just missed it somewhere that it was confirmed as being active in both.

Quote:

Catch Steering
  • Catches near the sideline will try and turn you up field
WR/Defensive Back Interactions
  • Route Running and Man Coverage
  • WR/DB Jostling
  • Press / Release
Layered Blending
  • Throwing when being hit

Inaccurate Passing
  • Passes miss in a more logical direction (not random)
Procedural Awareness
  • Head Tracking
Pursuit Angles
  • Sideline Pursuit
More Madden NFL 10 features and improvements that were shared across titles! Very nice...glad we do not have to wait until NCAA 11 to see these in the college game!

Quote:

Then there is stuff that has not been blogged about, only talked about on some forum posts...

Break out of tackles
  • From Madden 09 you can try and break out of tackles after they start
Two Man Tackles
  • Another one from Madden 09

I guess my point is to simply remind everyone that Game-Play is a huge focus for us on NCAA and it is easy to forget all the stuff we've been talking about for months

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football 10
Sorry to selectively highlight just the warmed over left-overs (because there was also some meaty stuff in there as well), but ths two bolded statements bothered me. Throughout the PS2 generation of games (for me that was NCAA 2002 - 2006, switched to XB360 on NCAA 2007), NCAA was ALWAYS Madden's little brother...getting to wear last year's styles and features. always getting things about a year later than Madden.

For NCAA 2007 and 2008 that seemed to be different. Those games actually made it seem like NCAA was taking the lead role and showing the Madden team a little something about how to develop a series. NCAA was first with snap-shots and first with replays and then first with online sharing of replays. In 2009 NCAA was first with online Dynasty (something I always asssumed would start with online Franchise in Madden and migrate down)...

I appreciate that NCAA is going in a slightly different direction with TeamBuilder and GamePlanning and I hope those two things give the franchise the kind of juice to stack up against Madden again, but I do hope that NCAA does not revert to being the red-headed step child at Tiburon again!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 37

You know what would look great on that list??? .... FORMATION SUBS!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »