Home

A comment about Presentation

This is a discussion on A comment about Presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Rookie

chrsn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: A comment about Presentation

2K's college football game was bad, but it was a very long time ago. How many years has EA done NCAA and consistently missed the mark? This has been unrealistic, robotic football for a long time. All in all, its been an uninspired franchise.

Dead horse alert: they paid for the luxury of coasting when they got the NFL and NCAA exclusive licenses. They know you can't go anywhere, so why expend a lot of effort trying to make you happy?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Just to add my .02 here FWIW. I played the demo and before hand I planned on purchasing the game. But, the exact same pre-game show (with a little revamped polish, band formations, updated graphics) had me disappointed. Then when the game started I got bored within a few minutes because I heard the exact same commentary and unrealistic crowd noise that was in 09. By halftime I was bored out of my mind. This was the primary reason I skipped on NCAA 10, I won't get into the secondary reasons on this thread.
Sad, because I was really looking forward to buying this game.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
Everyone seems to forget that 2k's college football attempt was pretty bad.
Yea but I think if they had the financial resources to make a newer one...it would be VERY good!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Yea but I think if they had the financial resources to make a newer one...it would be VERY good!
But you don't know that for sure. The VC now is not the VC of old. Just look at MLB or how much has gone unchanged in their NHL and NBA franchises. Yes I know Kush used to handle the MLB and NHL games but VC took over this past year.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

i could see in the future... in NCAA 11 there will be presentations!!!

it's on their to-do list guys.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3
Lightbulb Re: A comment about Presentation

I like the new version but within seconds I felt like I was getting more of the same as an experience. This is about presentation, and yes it matters.

This is "fantasy" football of a kind, after all.

I enjoy the illusion of being my team's coach/QB/DE and playing the big game -- as in the annual whipping of Georgia in Jacksonville. I play in HD on a nice TV with surround sound. It is a cinematic experience, but you can only watch the same movie so many times. That's what we have here. Two years of the same movie.

The old NFL game had the Berman highlights at halftime, I think. This was great, even if things felt a bit canned and generic. It was as if someone were actually watching your game and it mattered.

This game's lack of occasion has been cited repeatedly here. I played my final '09 game as the NC. I won. It was a big nothing. At least throw some confetti.

How about more game-specific comments at the end. Have the crew pick out some key stats, talk up a player or two. What about some mention of the next opponent in Dynasty.

Say something like a conference highlight show in Dynasty, 2 minutes or so, that you can access once the week is advanced. Show the highlights (like the ones that run at the end of the games) and have the host mention the score and the team's conference ranking. AI can handle that, this we know.

Creativity is key.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

Exactly Creativity is the key!!! And they just need to apply themselves like they did on the PS2 versions last gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #16
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
But you don't know that for sure. The VC now is not the VC of old. Just look at MLB or how much has gone unchanged in their NHL and NBA franchises. Yes I know Kush used to handle the MLB and NHL games but VC took over this past year.
You are absolutely right...except about NBA 2K! NBA 2K9 was dynamite!

But the 2K team has changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »