Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #105
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack_em
I've skimmed the thread and see alot of good points, but I think what's lost is that the default quarters are obviously, only 5 minutes. I would have no problem with an opponent chewing the clock if the game time was longer. I get that it's a strategy and that it's better than sitting and waiting for an opponent to run the clock down from 35 seconds, but attempting to limit an opponent to only a couple of possessions per half is a little unrealistic.

In my opinion, it's not realistic to play a game like that and not get the ball until midway thru the 2nd quarter. Obviously, the fix is simply stopping the offense, but it only takes a few first downs to kill an entire quarter. I enjoy playing the game, and the chess match of running a full offensive and defensive playbook, but that's just me. We have a guy in our dynasty that can't throw the ball, so he's taking the chew clock approach. Here's to hoping he loses every game.
While I wouldn't like for an opponent to chew the clock against me (I only play against people in an OD with 7 minute quarters that has chew the clock rules in place so I don't play against people that do that) I don't understand arguments like yours. If chewing the clock were giving the chewer extra possessions it'd make sense, but they aren't just giving you fewer possessions, they're giving themselves fewer possessions as well so why isn't it a wash?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #106
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
While I wouldn't like for an opponent to chew the clock against me (I only play against people in an OD with 7 minute quarters that has chew the clock rules in place so I don't play against people that do that) I don't understand arguments like yours. If chewing the clock were giving the chewer extra possessions it'd make sense, but they aren't just giving you fewer possessions, they're giving themselves fewer possessions as well so why isn't it a wash?

For me, it's not about getting the ball for the same length of time. It's the fact that it's unrealistic to get the ball for the first time midway thru the second quarter. Obviously, all of this can avoided with simply stopping the offense. I get that.

I just want the game to feel as real as possible, but it is what it is.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #107
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

The game needs a true accelerated clock! Not this gimmick. This game will never feel like simulation. What's a shame is other sports game do feel like simulation because its the attempt to do so by the developers. Options or bust. Give the gameplayer options, authentication. Something is dearly wrong with ea football ball titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »