Home

Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

This is a discussion on Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Chew clock online HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
IMO, Chew Clock is one of those features that makes the game more like actual football. Teams do this constantly in real life. You get a lead, you protect it by running the football and shortening the game.
If you don't want people to do that to you, you a) can't give them a two score lead and b) when they do start to eat the clock you better score and make them regret it. But really, I love the feature. A+.
I am sorry but it does not make the game more like actual football. Richrod cant say ok boys we are going to turn on Chew clock in QTR one and let the playclock auto take time away. They run it theirself. That is realism.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
Playing offline, it's on the page that has "ask Corso", "By Formation" and all that....It's on the bottom. If you get the ball first you can turn it on right away (as far as I know it's off by default offline) but when you get the ball, just hit (B) or (O) and it will pop you out to that page. You can turn it on from there. Dunno why it's only available when you have the ball...
Because the offense controls the clock. Not the defense.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Because the offense controls the clock. Not the defense.
If i was trying to call a time out sure I'd buy that...But it is turning on a feature, it isn't like I'm adding or subtracting time. It should be in the options before you begin the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 11

i love chewing clock lol, that sound horrible! i hope most of u guys are ps3 users (fordtuff504, add me so i can chew ur clocks!!! roflmao!)
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
If i was trying to call a time out sure I'd buy that...But it is turning on a feature, it isn't like I'm adding or subtracting time. It should be in the options before you begin the game.
You are thinking of a flat out accelerated clock. that is not what chew clock is. Its offense only time warp. And the feature auto subtracts time.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by theohiostbuckeye
Not really. You can use any school to play but your points will only count towards the "favorite" school associated with your profile EDIT: From the dev himself:
. The sportsmanship feature right now is only useful in the lobby where you can see a player's rating on the ID card and differentiate the nice guys from the rest. I wish EA would allow this rating to be seen in online "Play Now" screens, as well as let you sort people in lobbies based on this rating. BTW, anyone noticed the DNF% not showing up in quick match screens?
I hope that they either patch the game so that the sportsmanship rating will be in effect in every online game, or that they do that next year. Having the game add and subtract points for the way a player goes about his buisiness online is great, as long as it doesn't get stupid and nail ppl for going for it on 4th down in the 3rd if you're down by 20+ points...If they can nail it down to situational play, that would certainly be revolutionary and save those of us who play football AS football a great deal of grief.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 14

On a separate note, I don't understand why the chew clock feature is not working for the CPU teams. Unless that's by design, in which case, why ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #56
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
I am sorry but it does not make the game more like actual football. Richrod cant say ok boys we are going to turn on Chew clock in QTR one and let the playclock auto take time away. They run it theirself. That is realism.
Teams run the clock down to :01 from the first play to the last play of the game. Like someone else said. If chew clock wasn't in the game you would be bitching because someone wasted your time by running the clock down every play. I personally don't like sitting at the LOS for 20 seconds while I milk the clock. Chew Clock allows me to run my ball control offense and not get bored in between plays. It's a nice trade off for the game not having players entering and exiting the field in between play calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »