Home

EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

This is a discussion on EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
EA needs to make some real sliders so the buyer can make it whatever kind of game they want.

Because currently the sliders are a joke, and a lot of people would shut up if they could actually set the game more to their liking.
Props. +1
Old 07-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Rookie

thesandman215's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
EA needs to make some real sliders so the buyer can make it whatever kind of game they want.

Because currently the sliders are a joke, and a lot of people would shut up if they could actually set the game more to their liking.
yeah sliders that worked and did their job properly would help make it a true SIM game.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
Ok answer these question Mr. "Joe Casuals"

- Why do they make over the top games like NFL Street and Facebreakers?

- Second, what do you have against EA making a TRUE SIM game?

-Did / do you like the 2K sports brand games?

-Why can't they have a causal game as well as a SIM game?

- Obviously EA thought there was market for TWO types of games why don't you guys?
did you notice that last year EA released a true sim? The only problem was you couldn't actually play football during it. They glazed over the Franchise mode in Madden so they could release franchise as a second game, called Head Coach. The reason? They want to make money...The more ppl they can sell the game to, the more they make. When did you fool yourself into thinking that EA cares about the consumers? That's just silly talk.

You'll never get a game that will be 100% sim play...And that's ok. That's why there are people who mess with sliders, tweak everything and go on forums like OS...Unfortunately for you, you don't make a good argument, you just come off as kind of obnoxious...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

I agree with the OP, and I agree with the video that was posted. I don't play NFL Street. I don't play it because I am not interested AT ALL in what that game is all about. I play Madden, because when I started playing Madden in like... 1992, it was as close to the real thing as you could get.

And that's what they were TRYING to do.... was to be as close to the real game as they could get. No Superstar mode, no QB Vision, no rocket catches, just straight up football.

In my opinion, EA should have Madden as a TRUE football SIM, have Head Coach for the guys who like JUST GM, and simming games, or what not... and have a SEPARATE game for stuff like Superstar mode.

Think of how much they could add to Franchise/online franchise WITHOUT all the space used up by Superstar mode (which I have used one time for a day in my 17+ years of Madden).

I'm all for the people who want to use other game modes, but Madden should not be trying to be a jack of all trades, master of none. It doesn't help ANYONE.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
Pro

i miss the vision cone...I loved that in Madden 2005 (or was it 2004?).
Old 07-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Smile Re: EA needs to commit to becoming a "SIM"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
Ok answer these question Mr. "Joe Casuals"

- Why do they make over the top games like NFL Street and Facebreakers?

- Second, what do you have against EA making a TRUE SIM game?

-Did / do you like the 2K sports brand games?

-Why can't they have a causal game as well as a SIM game?

- Obviously EA thought there was market for TWO types of games why don't you guys?
Where to start?
Those games you mentioned are way over the top arcade style games and 2K sports were, yes, more realistic.
I think EA is attempting to be somewhere in between so "new" players don't get frustrated and put it down.
Personally I would like a mostly realistic game, but not so much that you sacrifice the "fun" part.
Madden 10 seems to be step in the right direction.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

This answers the "SLIDER THEORY"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
did you notice that last year EA released a true sim?
HAHAHA ... 09?...lol

Quote:
When did you fool yourself into thinking that EA cares about the consumers? That's just silly talk.
Ok point made....

Quote:
You'll never get a game that will be 100% sim play...

You sound like a person that settles. Well "good for you" ... I make choices not to settle if the price is too high! And in this case $65 is too high for what you get!!! Naah Meaan!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 01:58 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

More examples of this would be 3 on 3 NHL Arcade and NHL 09 or 10. NHL 09 was completely Sim. (probably the reason it won so many sports game of the year awards) And NHL 10 looks like its improving on that formula, I don't even watch hockey and I'm strongly considering getting this game. Authentic simulation games can be a beautiful thing, can help you learn a sport that you are unfamiliar with, and can make non fans of a sport into potential fans ( especially in my case).

So with this, I'm with the original poster, if playing an authentic football simulation frustrates you then maybe u should be playing something else (perhaps backbreaker ) . NHL 09 & MLB 09 are perfect examples, they have proved the point of the OP that true greatest in sports video gaming lies in a total committment to simulation. And also, having exclusive rights almost mandates that you go sim. If you are going to be the only provider of college and nfl football it is the companies responsibility to make those as authentic as possible to their real life counterparts and not straddle the line. IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »