Home

FCS vs. Teambuilder

This is a discussion on FCS vs. Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: In retrospect would you have preferred FCS teams and conferences or teambuilder
Teambuilder 23 40.35%
FCS teams and conferences 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FCS vs. Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
No, you don't get it... I don't want Appalachian State in the FBS... I just want to play them. You know... reality... not a made up conference or anything silly like that.
I get it, but was just offering a way to play rival teams. To each their own. Honestly I could care less whether middle ten state (or the likes everyone has their own teams they prob could care less about) is in the game or not, so replacing them with a FCS team that I might enjoy playing against or as, is fine with me.

Personally I find it fun to create my own schools from cities without colleges, making up logos, and uniforms, not to mention I can create actual schools that do exist and import them into the game.

This is an opinion thread, I am fine that you feel the way you do, I just dont feel that way. Its not that I dont "get it", its just I feel differently then you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #26
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

FCS for me. I'd be content with teambuilder if it were vastly improved. These improvements could include:
  • the ability to upload more than two logos (I'd be happy with just 3)
  • better endzones (preferably a way to make custom endzones)
  • more uniform options (more numbers, sleeves, ability to add lettering on chest)
  • choice of uniform "brands"
  • ability to edit existing uniforms
  • choice between gloss and metallic paint for helmets
  • a preview of your team's overall, offense, defense, and ST letter grade ratings
  • some way to choose/regulate accessories
  • ability to load more teams into dynasty
  • custom conference logo
  • etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 08-29-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: adding/changing things
Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #27
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Who said anything about fictional conferences?LOL You dudes kill me reading what isnt even there! Here's my point if you wanna make kiddie teams within kiddie conferences shoot. But I would use the extra teams and conferences space for real FCS schools and conferences.
Your exact words were "to add more conferences" that equals fictional. If the conference exists in FCS adding it to FBS makes it fictional. So you wanting to add fake real teams is no different than me wanting to add fake kiddie teams.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
I use a teambuilder team and have not had that issue, I replaced colorado state, my rival is colorado we play every year, and it always shows the correct record.
It is not a problem for everyone, though many people have mentioned it in other threads. Some of my teambuilder teams have had the problem and others have not.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #29
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Your exact words were "to add more conferences" that equals fictional. If the conference exists in FCS adding it to FBS makes it fictional. So you wanting to add fake real teams is no different than me wanting to add fake kiddie teams.
Ok I will break it down just for you! I want them to allow us to use TB to make and add a limited number of teams and conferences. That will act as its on division. So I can have FCS schools and conferences in a dynasty. If at the least I want them to create a in dynasty pool of team I can sub for the FCS school all the FBS schools schedule.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:54 AM   #30
stewaat

OVR:

Then you would run into the issue of them not having enough slots for people. I'm not sure the exact number of FCS schools but I'm assuming it's a pretty large number.

All those resources for one or two games a year versus a team you are going to beat?

I see how EA can't justify the allocation of the resources for that. I understand you want it but can't even you realize this point?

I don't think any rational person would want to do that. What they implemented was about as reasonable as it gets. They just need to work out the bugs in TB and improve upon it.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:00 AM   #31
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

By far I choose teambuilder, I'm much more into customizing my own team and having that privilege than having teams that I know I will not be using at all in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #32
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Then you would run into the issue of them not having enough slots for people. I'm not sure the exact number of FCS schools but I'm assuming it's a pretty large number.

All those resources for one or two games a year versus a team you are going to beat?

I see how EA can't justify the allocation of the resources for that. I understand you want it but can't even you realize this point?

I don't think any rational person would want to do that. What they implemented was about as reasonable as it gets. They just need to work out the bugs in TB and improve upon it.
Point blank if TB cant give me an accurate schedule then its useless to me. I dont take any enjoyment in subing in a FCS or
High school or made up school into the FBS season. Its "Kiddie" because your possing a fantasy idea that cant happen.(outside of a FCS school getting bump up)

If your into that style of "fantasy" type football TB is great. If you want an accurate schedule (which IMO far supercede adding non-FBS schools) then TB is a complete waste of resources!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »