Home

College Football Atmosphere

This is a discussion on College Football Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #9
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: College Football Atmosphere

I attended the Univ. of Toledo where we play in the MAC. 30,000 people can get very loud on the field it gets pretty crazy. When we are 4-8 it's not the same. I then went to a Michigan vs. MSU game and holy crap 105,000 people this gets intense!!!! This game needs to capture all these different feelings: your good mid-major feel, your bad team feel, and your big time program feel.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah I know it's been said but we had all of this on the PS2 versions of the game, it's crazy, bring back the Momentum Meter with at least some crowd noise, because it's almost unplayable it's so bad now.
and everyone pissed and moaned about it non-stop for months on end...

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I rented this game over the weekend, and atmosphere was definitely the part that bugged me most. Gameplay wise, the game was pretty solid. I think the run blocking is way better than on Madden. The only thing holding back NCAA to me right now is the atmosphere. If they can bring back the NCAA 05 level atmosphere, I may actually get back into PURCHASING this series again.
I wouldnt go that far! I need better locomotion in NCAA first! Then atmosphere. But it is sad that COLLEGE FOOTBALL is without atmosphere though!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great post. I'm just one potential buyer, but I won't be returning to the NCAA series until EA makes some major improvements in this area.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I just hope someone at EA went to the VT/Bama game. I was there and it was NUTS.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
The camera shakes before the play when I am at Florida. A big third down is coming up and audibles should be almost impossible. My controller is rumbling and I can't read the defense. I hike it, and the camera stands still and the crowd noise is still there. That adjustment throws me off, and I can't complete the pass.

That is what it is like to play at Florida. Just downright difficult. The crowd should affect me.

Before the game, Corso is doing his gameday predictions and he chooses the away team, and the crowd boos him hysterically.

I love this about Saturday mornings. Seeing Corso shoot a gun or take out a LSU helmet, and say 'Forgedaboutit!'

During the game, I throw a screen pass and amazingly avoid a tackles, and am gone! I want to hear the announcer getting louder and louder as I near the endzone, because the crowd is exploding. Or else, the crowd just dies, and it is completely silent.

There should be close ups of fans going crazy during games. And I mean crazy! Pregame traditions with the Florida State Seminole and the USC Trojan. After a huge upset, I want the crowd to storm the field.

This is what College Football is about, and it needs to be added.
I personally don't want hardly any of what you listed added to the game.

The controller rumbling is fine but it's already in the game any way.

It would be cool to have Corso and the rest of the gang doing a pregame show complete with mascot heads.

It would also be cool if the crowd changed dynamically like you said. The home team breaks a KR for a TD and the crowd goes crazy. The away team does the same, especially at a crucial point of the game and the crowd is stunned to silence.

I really don't want the camera to shake as that's just dumb.

I don't want any closeups of fans or any cut scenes for that matter.

You didn't mention it but I also don't want them to waste time on team entrances either.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

There are a lot of things that could be added to improve the atmosphere/presentation, especially with ESPN License. Why EA has ignored these two areas of the game we will never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAnderson
Great post. I'm just one potential buyer, but I won't be returning to the NCAA series until EA makes some major improvements in this area.
Ditto. This was the first year since like '04 that I didn't make the purchase. I refuse to pay for gimmicky features any longer. Presentation and atmosphere must be improved if I ever buy this mediocre uninspired game again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »