Home

Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays

This is a discussion on Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays

Sometime I see a % in my play calling could someone explain what this means and how to use or apply it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays

its telling u when a play is setup...if its at like 100% then uu should try the play bc it will have a good chance of working......doesn't always work, jus means it could be a good play to use at that time with the defense on its heels thinkn ur gonna do something else
Old 09-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays?

Is their a reason it does this for me,something I'm accomplishing during the game? Sounds kinda arcadeishs!
So if it under 50 % I should stay away from it?
Whats the purpose of this feature anyway?
Just dont get it I guess.......
Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Lee.Flex's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Whats The % Thing Mean Beside Some Plays?

It is usually a PA play that has been set up by a running play that directly corresponds with it. If you run a I form slot weak ISO and your HB gets a good gain, the PA pass right next to it will give a % of chance the defense will be put off guard by it.

Reason it works is that when your QB fakes the handoff, the defense will think your running the ISO again because you got a decent gain off of it last time. This may bring in the saftey so you can go over the top to your WR or check down to a TE or FB in the flats.

Like legend said above, it does'nt always work, but when it does it is usually a decent gainer.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

you can run a play at 1% and i may work its all about execution and the flow of the game, if your running 10 plays in a row the play linked to your run should be in the 90% range if not at 100% and its best to do PA on 1st down cause their playing the run but not likely to send the house at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Look at your playbook by "formation" (as opposed to by "play type" or "player). You'll see lots of pairs of plays with chain links between them. Those are your linked plays. Call one of them and the other will become X% setup depending on how well you did with the play. The better the gain, the more the linked play will be setup. Once a play is completely "setup" there is a better chance that it'll work than if it is 0-99% setup up. A 99% setup play has the same chance of working as a 0% setup play.

That's why you'd want to avoid a partially setup play until it's fully setup. If I run iso twice and get PA iso 75% setup, PA iso has the same chance of working as when it was at 0%. If I run PA iso, its "setup-ed-ness" will reset so I wasted that 75%. If I run iso 2 more times and get PA iso to be "setup" (it'll be bordered with green and say "setup") and then run PA iso, there's a better chance of it working because the defense is expecting the play to be an iso play instead.

If you care, you get +8 strategy points if you get a 1st down or TD by using a setup play. PA setup plays are much, much more effective than setup running plays. The linking goes both ways (IE. iso setups up PA iso, but PA iso also sets up iso) but I haven't had much more success running a setup running play than running a non-setup running play.

EDIT:
I should also add that running a non-setup play is not a disadvantage. They aren't reduced in effectiveness. They are normal. Fully setup plays are boosted above normal. You could never run a fully setup play and be just fine. Since I like to use most of my playbook, my non-flexbone teams rarely run any setup plays since I don't call the same play often enough to setup its linked play.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-21-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Wow, you got that figured out well!
I will definately use this information and apply it.
Thank You!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »