Home

NCAA 2004 Tracking Greatest Games

This is a discussion on NCAA 2004 Tracking Greatest Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
NCAA 2004 Tracking Greatest Games

In the last interview for NCAA 2004, they mentioned that a new feature is that every game you play will get a "Greatness" ranking. The stats from the best 10 games will be saved.

This feature sounds really cool. But I am skeptical at how good the game will be at recognizing a great game. Great games have alot of elements and I am not sure if you can accurately get them all into a computer alogorithm. Sounds cool though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 2004 Tracking Greatest Games

yeah, that's true, the CPU could consider a 57-0 blowout a great game while a 24-21 game won on a kickoff return, hail mary, or some miracle play isn't great
Old 06-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

yeah, that's true, the CPU could consider a 57-0 blowout a great game while a 24-21 game won on a kickoff return, hail mary, or some miracle play isn't great

The interview said a blowout game wouldn't be considered a great game.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:42 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The interview also said they check for things like if it is the number one ranked team vs. number two or if it was a big comeback. Sounds like they did their homework as EA always does, but with these features, it always seems that something comes up in gameplay that hadden't been thought of. Great idea though, I look forward to it.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

The interview also said they check for things like if it is the number one ranked team vs. number two or if it was a big comeback. Sounds like they did their homework as EA always does, but with these features, it always seems that something comes up in gameplay that hadden't been thought of. Great idea though, I look forward to it.

I am betting that this will be pretty well done. I am interested to see what kind of games i will have in my top 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Aren't great games questionable anyway?

Everyone can list the top 10 greatest college games and I'm sure every list would be different.

There will be times you'll feel that the game you played was greater than the last, but the game is pretty much just another perspective on things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »