Home

Re-Building or Dominance?

This is a discussion on Re-Building or Dominance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Re-Building or Dominance?

For this year's version I started at Iowa. I had a couple of 9-3, 10-2 seasons then finally reeled off a 39 game winning streak that included 2 National Titles, behind a QB that was a right handed Tebow. He won the Heisman as a sophomore before bouncing to the NFL after his Junior year.

I coached at Iowa for 8 years winning 95 games with 4 Big 10 Titles and 2 National Championships. We were the head of the Big 10 from 2011-2016.

After spending 8 seasons at Iowa they offered me another 8 year deal, I politely declined because I wanted to rebuild a powerhouse. I went to Virginia Tech who had slipped to a 3 star program. After a 10-3 first season with a bowl win we jumped to 4 stars and this season I have us at 12-1 with an ACC Championship. The only loss coming at Washington (5-7 final record) in double OT. My running back has broken school records for rushing yards and touchdowns in a season, he also won the Maxwell.

We are playing #6 Fresno State in the Orange Bowl, we are currently #3 in just my second season. I am already getting the itch to leave for a school in the midwest or possibly SEC because I don't enjoy playing in the ACC like I thought I would.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I too would love a 10-7 score. Right now I am using Steewat' sliders and while I like them, I am 6-0 with Miami and ranked 2nd in the nation in year one of my dynasty. I just now gave up my first points in the 4th quarter all year and the game before that Oklahoma scored in the 3rd quarter and became the first team to score on me in the 2nd half.

Right now I have scored 200+ and allowed only 48. I obviously have had no 10-7 scores.

― Plato
Old 12-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

This year, I haven't played too much NCAA, but I've been trying to do what I usually do, which is take a sorry team in a great conference and make them champions. After siming the Oregon- Iowa game in my tournament (CHECK OUT MY BLOG!), I decided to pick back up with the Washington State Cougars. I'd really forgotten how badly I hate the Pac-10

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #20
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I too would love a 10-7 score. Right now I am using Steewat' sliders and while I like them, I am 6-0 with Miami and ranked 2nd in the nation in year one of my dynasty. I just now gave up my first points in the 4th quarter all year and the game before that Oklahoma scored in the 3rd quarter and became the first team to score on me in the 2nd half.

Right now I have scored 200+ and allowed only 48. I obviously have had no 10-7 scores.
If you haven't, give playmakers a shot. Atleast for me I found that it made the game more difficult.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think I did try his in my Wyoming dynasty before. I might give them another shot.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

I like starting with small 1* teams, but after a while it gets real boring, I still don't seem to get recruits interested in me, So even though the teams better, It not really fun

Then when I go to high caliber schools, I start to get recruits, But it a pain to always have the best record, or my prestige will go down ... LoL, I like feeling these emotions to make it more interesting

Last edited by leo2k2ndc; 12-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Started out as a 1 star coach at Temple. Year 1 I went 9-3, won MAC championship, lost bowl game. My coach prestige went to 2 stars. This year I'm 8-2 with two tough games coming up (at 9-1 Northern Illinois, vs Penn State). I'm going to stay at Temple until I get up to 5 stars or I get an offer from a major powerhouse program.

I play on Heisman and only pick plays from Ask Corso so I doubt I'll get a National Championship with Temple. I've won a ton of close games. Even after the MAC championship recruiting is tough, 90% of the players interested are just 1 or 2 star.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #24
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

I ended up losing to Fresno State in the 2018 Orange Bowl 34-28. I finished my short 2 year career at Virginia Tech with a 22-5 record, including 1 conference championship.

Notre Dame offered me a coaching job and I couldn't turn down the idea of rebuilding them after several 7-5, 8-4 seasons and over 30 years since their last National Championship.

We are surprisingly ranked in the Top 10 despite going 8-5 last season. I cut a huge amount of players to free up spots for the freshman I recruited during my first off season with the team. I have a stud QB 93 overall Senior who is looking to lead us to a BCS Bowl. I am going to lose a lot of talent after my first season so I am hoping to land some big time recruits and get things rolling with ND.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »