Home

Coincidence?

This is a discussion on Coincidence? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Coincidence?

I was playing a game just now in my OD. I was SMU and came into the game 4-4 and trying to upset 5-2 #25 Tulsa. If I beat them, I would be in the run for a C-USA title. I was pretty pumped too because I had just upset Houston 31-10.

I get in the game and my QB throws some awful passes that were off target badly and he had 4 turnovers by himself in the 1st half. 3 Picks and 1 Fumble.

Then in the 2nd half I keep them contained and they only get a FG. Then in the 4th I finally take the lead 21-20. Tulsa gets the ball and to my luck, they throw a pick, their first BTW. I would also like to mention it was the only pick they threw and I counted 15 times a ball hit my DB in the hands. Yes 15 times!!! I was playing aggressive too, so they should have picked a couple off at least.

Anyways, I get the INT and am ecstatic. I think I have the game over, but no, I look down and they have all 3 TO's?!?!? I swear they used one before at least. That doesn't bother too much though. The part that bothers me is the upcoming part. In the last minutes of the game, 4 players including my HB and QBs go out due to injury. 4 players!!! One minute!!! I end up using my WR at QB and have to run option. Doesn't work as they shut me down. I go for it on 4th and 2 and get stopped.

They get the ball at their own 30. So I play prevent defense as their is only 30 seconds left. Guess what. They throw a 60 yard bomb one my prevent defense. Its a Prevent Defense!!! This puts them in FG range and they make it with 11 seconds to go. So I am down 23-21 with 11 seconds to go, 6 after the kickoff return. And since I have no QB,s or my star HB, I am forced to use my WR at QB and try and run an option for a TD. I get desperate and pitch it to their player with no time out and lose.

What the hell happened there? Did I get screwed over by the game or did my luck just get extremely bad at a bad time?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coincidence?

There was a thread about this a while ago. Sometimes the CPU just says you can't win was the title I think. Adam commented also on it I think.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »