Home

This game is just bad....as in bad

This is a discussion on This game is just bad....as in bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: This game is just bad....as in bad

To me this is the best NCAA football game since 06 and 06 was/is my fav of all time. I love this game and the major complaint I have is that you have to verify school logos if your using Team Builder
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #18
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
To me this is the best NCAA football game since 06 and 06 was/is my fav of all time. I love this game and the major complaint I have is that you have to verify school logos if your using Team Builder
I liked the gameplay too, but the game just feels bland to me. If NCAA football 10 added in the Presentation of NCAA basketball and the atmosphere of Madden then I would be happy. I can forgive certain shortcomings in gameplay with solid presentation, but right now we have good gameplay with a complete lack of Presentation or Atmosphere. If you are playing by yourself, the game just feels bland and lacking.

I really hope NCAA follows Maddens lead and focus's on the presentation.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Its all opinions. Its that the point? In for me this game was way too fast. But the buzz kill of all buzz kills is the fact that playing against all teams feel the same(with the exception of a few). On top of that the stats reflect it aswell. Its sad I can play a basketball games where the stlye of a player is almost identical to the real player. But NCAA devs. cant get a QB thats listed as a scrambler(should be dual-threat anyways) to freaking scramble. And its been this way the entire gen. When you look at all other sports title there making huge leaps even M10 made it's huge leap and NCAA just keeps dragging along. Adding stuff that should have been in 5years ago and managing to break something else in the process.

I know how some feel about Team Builder but looking at the finish product there is no way we should have seen TB or Season Showdown this year or maybe next.
I bought Madden the first day, played for about two weeks and was already tired of it. I waited for every patch to come out and after the final patch I traded it in. Still didn't like it. Personally I don't feel Madden made a huge leap at all. I still think it's as stale, annoying(listening to Hammond and Collinsworth all game makes my ears bleed), and lacking in franchise mode as before. The only 'leap' it made was in presentation and even to call that a leap is a stretch(the extra point is such a sad attempt at a post game show).

It's all opinions though.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 01-07-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

NCAA just felt weak this year. Madden, with the right sliders, feels more like football than any next-gen game so far. NCAA is...something, but its not college football.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Community interaction should not just be going backwards and picking up stuff you dropped. It should be moving forward and helping EA improve on things that have yet to be done.

Exactly. It's about moving the game forward and not having to continuously request the obvious (referees).

Tim Tebow's entrance into Madden is going to be fun to watch. I hope his ratings are accurate. Of course, not everybody will be pleased with the ratings Tebow debuts with, whether they be too high or too low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm still playing NCAAnregularly while only playing Madden once a week. So, it is obvious I like NCAA better. To me, NCAA doesn't look entirely realistic nwhen the play happens, but it gets realistic results. While Madden on the other hand looks partially realistic, but its results are only partially realistic too. I'd take real results over looking real every time.

I was always a 2k guy. So I know that games can look real and get real results. Both NCAA and Madden need a ton of work. But I will take NCAA over Madden until Madden fixes its sim stats and all its other major problems.

I just hope both are very good games next year and I can enjoy both and have a hard time deciding which to play like I do with the two basketball games EA makes.

― Plato
Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #23
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I loved NCAA 10....until Madden came out but, I picked up NCAA again a couple of weeks ago because I wanted the draft classes.

The biggest difference to me is the game speed. Madden has it perfect...because there are options. If the developers for NCAA can't see what that has done to the game and how much it improves the animations then shame on them. NCAA 10 went to the shelf for months after Madden came out. Mainly because it's a herky jerky mess that STILL has too many WWF tackle animations.

Other than that NCAA plays a great game IMO and I was pleasantly surprised because I hated the demo.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I thought this thread was going to be about the National Championship.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »