Home

Miscellaneous NCAA 2004 teams Player ratings

This is a discussion on Miscellaneous NCAA 2004 teams Player ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #41
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Miscellaneous NCAA 2004 Team / Player ratings

Quote:

JoshDaCane said:

The thing is...I agree with him! Beard and Geathers never really impressed me. I wonder what Roscoe Parrish's (WR #1) ratings at KR and PR will be.

both of them were rated really high coming out of HS. Geathers' problem is that in HS, he was more of a tailback. his conversion into college was harder for him and really could have used his freshman redshirt to work on being a receiver. he didn't have that redshirt because of grades. so he's basically learned as he went. you noticed last year that he seemed much more natural coming out of the backfield as a tailback. his body though is for receiver. too bad. maybe this season is his breakthrough. it's also his last lol so he has to make up for his career.

Beard is talented too and looks to be a prime target this year if his recovery from injury is good. he did some things last year and maybe, now out of the shadow of Andre Johnson, he'll blossom.

now all this is just prediction talk. and i think both could be picked in the draft after this season just based on athleticism alone. i mean Daryl Jones and Andre King were picked in past drafts... i mean c'mon. but what's funny is i think it's possible that Akieem Jolla and Ryan Moore, the youngsters could come out and be the premier wideouts. it's all about competition and who's better down in Coral Gables.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #42
Rookie

wsh2293's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah, I think Rix is rated a little too high. Especially when you compare his QB rating last year to some other ACC QBs.

For example:

Rix (FSU) Rating=88, 2002 QB rating=128.16
McBrien (Maryland) Rating=84, 2002 QB rating=141.28
Durant (North Carolina) Rating=81, 2002 rating=145.18

I guess his running ability may play a factor. I used to say that Rix was the worst FSU QB in the last 20 years, but I discovered an interesting fact. Rix's QB rating over the last two seasons at 145.56 is actually higher than Charlie Ward's QB rating during his two starting years (144.67). So maybe we're all being a little too critical of Rix. I must say, however, that the NCAA QB ratings don't factor in fumbles. While, Rix doesn't appear, according to statistics, as craptacular as I once thought he was, I still don't like him and I think he's rated a little too high. He shouldn't be rated higher than those other two QBs.

Now Greg Jones, on the other hand, I think that he's rated too low. I know that he had that ACL tear, but come on! This guy ran all over the vaunted Miami defense last year. When you also consider just how successful ACL surgery has become, I see no reason not to expect this guy to come back at full strength. He should be rated a 95, at least!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:42 PM   #43
Pr*

Hogfan2502's Arena

OVR: 10

Whats ARKANSAS'S RATINGS?
Old 06-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #44
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48

Did you even read the first post of this thread? Let me post it here for you.

Quote:

I'm not answering requests as I do not have any form of the game. Got these from a friend who does some work in the game reviewing and game guide writing business so I cannot look up personal requests.

Old 06-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

hogsnumberone said:
Whats ARKANSAS'S RATINGS?

Every rating that you see in this thread is every rating that Crazy Stanley knows of. If you had read the first post, you would've seen that he isn't taking requests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2003, 03:15 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Miami

QB #7 Brock Berlin - 87

HB #32 Frank Gore - 92

FB #23 Quadtrine Hill - 85

WR #9 Kevin Beard - 89

WR #3 Jason Geathers - 86

WR #1 Roscoe Parrish - 84 (97 speed!)

TE #81 Kellen Winslow - 97

O-line has 2 94+ guys (must be Carlos Joseph and Vernon Carey)

DEs are rated 79 and 76(could be John Square and Thomas
Carroll maybe..i dunno)

DT #75 Vince Wilfork is a 96

ROLB #17 D.J. Williams is a 95

MLB #51 Jon Vilma - 95

LOLB 17 - 86 (must be #50 Roger "Rocky" McIntosh)

CB #6 Antrel Rolle - 91

CB #25 Alfonso Marshall - 85

CB #22 Kelly Jennings - 82

S #26 Sean Taylor - 97

S #36 Maurice Sikes - 90

Beard is an 89? WTF, Roscoe should have a higher rating than Beard. All the other ratings look good. Jennings ovr should be higher. I also think that Winslow should be a 99. Winslow is gonna tear it up this year. I was going nuts when him and Sean Taylor mixed up this spring in practice. Taylor ripped his freakin helmet off. Those two were ready to fight.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #47
Th*t Cr*zy Cr*ck*r

OVR: 7

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:

both of them were rated really high coming out of HS. Geathers' problem is that in HS, he was more of a tailback. his conversion into college was harder for him and really could have used his freshman redshirt to work on being a receiver. he didn't have that redshirt because of grades. so he's basically learned as he went. you noticed last year that he seemed much more natural coming out of the backfield as a tailback. his body though is for receiver. too bad. maybe this season is his breakthrough. it's also his last lol so he has to make up for his career.

Beard is talented too and looks to be a prime target this year if his recovery from injury is good. he did some things last year and maybe, now out of the shadow of Andre Johnson, he'll blossom.

now all this is just prediction talk. and i think both could be picked in the draft after this season just based on athleticism alone. i mean Daryl Jones and Andre King were picked in past drafts... i mean c'mon. but what's funny is i think it's possible that Akieem Jolla and Ryan Moore, the youngsters could come out and be the premier wideouts. it's all about competition and who's better down in Coral Gables.

I know they are both talented, and maybe it is a "playing in the shadows" type thing, but for whatever reason, neither one has made a great impression on me. Hopefully, they will break out this year, and if not, you're right, the youngins may be the big stars. Brock has to spread it around though, his only go to guy right now is Winslow.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:37 PM   #48
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

it might just be that Geathers and Beard aren't good enough. *shrugs* who knows? but we'll see this season. and Winslow being the only go to guy isn't necessarily a bad thing Dorsey had that in Shockey during the Ring No.5 season and it opened it up for Andre to do his thing. maybe it can happen this year as well.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »