Home

How do you manage to use the same team for multiple seasons and not lose interest?

This is a discussion on How do you manage to use the same team for multiple seasons and not lose interest? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do you manage to use the same team for multiple seasons and not lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I only play as teams that I like (IE. Michigan, MSU, or UNC) and that's how I don't lose interest. From reading your OP, however, it looks like the question should be "how do you not lose interest when your team sucks and you lose all the time." It sounds like all of your issues have to do with your team being so bad. If things are really as bad as you say they are you can ease up on the sliders. Losing to good teams is understandable and expected (I'd hate to always win all of my games), but no team should ever, ever, ever, EVER lose to an FCS team. Feel free to let the App. St. jokes fly, but I'm talking about in the EA video game. Those FCS teams are so horrible, that I'm surprised that it's even possible to lose to one.
Yeah, I probably need to ease up on the CPU sliders. I had the QB accuracy set at 70 , RB ability at 65, my qb acc was set at 65, rb ability was set at 60. I cant remember what the other sliders are, but most of the CPU ones i jacked up to at least 70.

I was shocked when I lost to an FCS team....I simulated that game though, but still....

I was also shocked when I got blown out by 30 by Duke!
(that game i acutally played, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Lol, that is what I was thinking.

No offense OP.
None taken

Old 03-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How do you manage to use the same team for multiple seasons and not lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
Yeah, I probably need to ease up on the CPU sliders. I had the QB accuracy set at 70 , RB ability at 65, my qb acc was set at 65, rb ability was set at 60. I cant remember what the other sliders are, but most of the CPU ones i jacked up to at least 70.

I was shocked when I lost to an FCS team....I simulated that game though, but still....

I was also shocked when I got blown out by 30 by Duke!
(that game i acutally played, lol)

None taken
That's really shocking to me. I play as good teams so I don't schedule FCS teams, but I've seen the results of lots of CPU v. CPU games that involved an FCS team and I've never, ever, seen any CPU team lose to an FCS one. Granted, I only look @ the scores of the top25 games and conference games, but even the worst teams in the Big 10 have never lost to an FCS team. Again, I didn't think this was possible. If you lost a simmed game to an FCS team, clearly this has nothing to do with you.

As for sliders, there are some good slider sets in the sliders' forum. Obviously no slider set is going to work for people of vastly different skill levels, but I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find any sliders with CPU QB accuracy above 50.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 03-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm currently in 2018 or 2019 w/ the Wolverines. This is the first year I've made it past 3-4 seasons. The keys for me have been simming more of the "easy wins," exporting draft classes to Madden + wanting to see how my players turn out, and wanting to see how a top recruit works for me.

For some reason it's been holding my interest this year. I think the key has been running a Madden chise simultaneously and bouncing between the two games when I get bored w/ one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #12
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm on the 2020 Season, 6th with LSU.

I use long-term scheduling. I have my OOC games scheduled until 2025. It also helps to create recruits. (not cheesing.)

@AdamdotH
Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

I use long-term scheduling. I have my OOC games scheduled until 2025. It also helps to create recruits. (not cheesing.)
I do that same thing. I write down who I play and then write down future schedules (kinda like my own contracts) if the first couple games are good I play that team more. Usually on a yearly basis as a home-home series. Creates my own little rivalries.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I do that same thing. I write down who I play and then write down future schedules (kinda like my own contracts) if the first couple games are good I play that team more. Usually on a yearly basis as a home-home series. Creates my own little rivalries.
I do this as well. I usually do try to create rivalries like that but I'm in an independent dynasty right now and am trying to play a home and home with as many different teams as I can. I also have a rule as to what star caliber teams I can schedule because irl you're not going to be able to schedule whoever you want (and I know that all too well; being a BSU fan).
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

I love watching my team come of age and win, i personally don't play the games, i let the cpu play them out and i set the game plan and roster then watch the games play out. I started with san jose state... I got invited to join the pac ten. You need to see what works best for the personnel you have, keep your offense simple, especially passing , use simple pass patterns that develop quickly as your offensve line may not give u time vs SEC defenses. Scout each team you play, see what they do offensively ( watch them play thier game the week before they play you, then set your defense based on what you see as their biggest threat offensively).

lastly, evaluate YOUR stick skills.. play no risk football , run the ball and control the clock to keep games close, audible to avoid running plays towards impact players on defense..Control lbs in the middle or DE and practice getting to the Qb (this can have a huge impact for your team)

Good luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12

I do the same thing but i write down what gameplans worked and use them the next season against them again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »