Home

Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock?

This is a discussion on Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Chew Clock Vs. Accelerated Clock?

It sounds like the main purpose of accelerated clock is to get realistic stats while playing 15 minute quarters. As it is now, people have their sliders set up for realistic stats anyway, they just do it in 7 minute quarters (or what have you). It sounds to me like the only thing that would be more realistic for stats is time of possession (which isn't tracked anywhere). Is this correct?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #18
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It sounds like the main purpose of accelerated clock is to get realistic stats while playing 15 minute quarters. As it is now, people have their sliders set up for realistic stats anyway, they just do it in 7 minute quarters (or what have you). It sounds to me like the only thing that would be more realistic for stats is time of possession (which isn't tracked anywhere). Is this correct?
as far as I know, T.O.P. is only tracked in the individual game stats. I don't think it calculates anywhere in the season/team stats.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I liked the accelerated clock feature in Madden. Even though the games were still around the same length it gives a more authentic feel to the game IMO.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
You can get realistic stats for 7 min, but the game is more realistic with 15, because that's how many minutes are in an actual football game. It's not a mandatory thing, so if you don't want to use it, you don't have to, but it would add a lot to the game for many other people. To be honest, if this isn't in, I probably don't buy the game. After I got used to it on Madden, it was very difficult to go back to not having it on NCAA.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
You can get realistic stats for 7 min, but the game is more realistic with 15, because that's how many minutes are in an actual football game. It's not a mandatory thing, so if you don't want to use it, you don't have to, but it would add a lot to the game for many other people. To be honest, if this isn't in, I probably don't buy the game. After I got used to it on Madden, it was very difficult to go back to not having it on NCAA.
If it's in I would likely use it. I'm just trying to understand the value of it and from what I can tell the only thing it would add is make the T.O.P. add up to 60 minutes instead of 28 minutes.

Now, this is coming from someone who's never used it before. You say it adds to the game, I just don't have any experience with it so that's why I'm asking.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
If it's in I would likely use it. I'm just trying to understand the value of it and from what I can tell the only thing it would add is make the T.O.P. add up to 60 minutes instead of 28 minutes.
Another more realistic aspect is that it makes milking the clock more realistic. With 7 minute quarters, you have a lot less time to kill in order to preserve a lead and close out a game.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #23
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Now, this is coming from someone who's never used it before. You say it adds to the game, I just don't have any experience with it so that's why I'm asking.
Not just that. It would also skew T.O.P. more towards the running team. As it is right now, it's really hard to get those really long, time consuming drives. With accelerated clock, the game flows a lot more like a real game.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Careful what you ask for, the accelerated clock in Madden needs to be altered a bit. Instead of running of 15, 20, 25 seconds, we need to be able to set 'when we want the clock to stop'. So maybe I want every down to start at the 20 second mark on the Play clock, or even the 10 second mark on the play clock. The current rev of the accelerated clock in Madden 10 does not make this possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »