Home

Known bug?

This is a discussion on Known bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Known bug?

Anyone know if playing in an OD when the commish advances the week sometimes one of the players game gets reset and the comp plays it? Cause it happen to me just a few minutes ago... I am the commish and my buddy beat a team 55-0... I advance the week as normal and then when the new week comes up it showed him losing 28-35... He was #1 and now #18... He is gonna be pissy.. Don't know how it happened..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Known bug?

Don't save the dynasty file. This causes bugs like you described to happen.

EDIT:
To be clearer, no one should save the dynasty file (not even the commish). If anyone saves the file, it can cause anyone's game to get thrown out and simmed.

The commish should be saving the OD as an offline file after every week just in case this happens, but no one should be saving the normal dynasty file.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717

What do you mean dont save it? Dont you have to always save things?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

EDIT:
To be clearer, no one should save the dynasty file (not even the commish). If anyone saves the file, it can cause anyone's game to get thrown out and simmed.

The commish should be saving the OD as an offline file after every week just in case this happens, but no one should be saving the normal dynasty file.

Well how does it work if you save it as an offline file? Can you save from offline to online? Why does it matter if they are saving it?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

No you don't need to and should not save the file.

First, have everyone in the OD remove their saved files. I don't remember where they live, but it's probably easy to find.

Secondly, don't save them again. When you enter the OD it'll say loading until it gets to 100%. Once it's finished, it'll ask if you want to save it, yes or no? Select "no" from now on.

Saving as an offline dynasty has nothing to do with the normal dynasty and should only be used by the commish as a backup. IE. If he had this saved, he could retire the OD, use the saved file from the previous week (everyone would have to play their games over again) to start a new OD from that spot.

You don't have to save the main OD file as the OD is stored on EA's servers. Every time you play a game and you finish it or back out of recruiting, or change your depth chart and it says "Uploading to the servers or some such thing" that's saving the game for you.

Another problem I just remembered in addition to people saving the dynasty is someone hosting the same OD as another OD. This is a huge no-no and can corrupt dynasties. This would happen like this:
1. You're the commish and I'm in your dynasty.
2. Player C in our dynasty forgot to update his avid before the season ended.
3. I saved the file as an offline dynasty as a backup.
4. I use this file to create a new dynasty and invite player C so he can get his stats.

Because the same OD is hosted twice, then the original OD could get corrupted.

EDIT:
And as I mentioned above, the reason it matters if they are saving it is because it can cause games that were played to get their results thrown out and simmed instead.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 05-26-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
No you don't need to and should not save the file.

First, have everyone in the OD remove their saved files. I don't remember where they live, but it's probably easy to find.

Secondly, don't save them again. When you enter the OD it'll say loading until it gets to 100%. Once it's finished, it'll ask if you want to save it, yes or no? Select "no" from now on.

Saving as an offline dynasty has nothing to do with the normal dynasty and should only be used by the commish as a backup. IE. If he had this saved, he could retire the OD, use the saved file from the previous week (everyone would have to play their games over again) to start a new OD from that spot.

You don't have to save the main OD file as the OD is stored on EA's servers. Every time you play a game and you finish it or back out of recruiting, or change your depth chart and it says "Uploading to the servers or some such thing" that's saving the game for you.

Another problem I just remembered in addition to people saving the dynasty is someone hosting the same OD as another OD. This is a huge no-no and can corrupt dynasties. This would happen like this:
1. You're the commish and I'm in your dynasty.
2. Player C in our dynasty forgot to update his avid before the season ended.
3. I saved the file as an offline dynasty as a backup.
4. I use this file to create a new dynasty and invite player C so he can get his stats.

Because the same OD is hosted twice, then the original OD could get corrupted.

EDIT:
And as I mentioned above, the reason it matters if they are saving it is because it can cause games that were played to get their results thrown out and simmed instead.

Why do they have a save option then if its just uploaded and download from the server?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Why do they have a save option then if its just uploaded and download from the server?

It's so when you first turn the game on you won't really have to "wait" for the game to load up, if that makes sense. Don't save it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It takes 20 seconds if that to upload the file from the server anyway.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
It's so when you first turn the game on you won't really have to "wait" for the game to load up, if that makes sense. Don't save it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It takes 20 seconds if that to upload the file from the server anyway.

Freakin A... Been saving it since July and we have had guys get "left behind" a game week and I would have to boot them from the dynasty and reinvite them to get them up to the current week. I assume this saving stuff all ties into the same problem. So i just save the game offline after i advace it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »