Home

One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles

This is a discussion on One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like EA's new, extreme close-up replay angles?
Yes 75 35.21%
No 138 64.79%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #25
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: One last plea: EA I implore you to reconsider the replay angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87
They're horrible. I want to see a play develop. Isn't that what a replay is supposed to do?

You never really been able to see play develop from aut-replays anyway.

If you want to see where something broke down/went right, you need to do manual replays.

I dont mind the new replays, except for the fact that they're kind of repetitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #26
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You never really been able to see play develop from aut-replays anyway.

If you want to see where something broke down/went right, you need to do manual replays.

I dont mind the new replays, except for the fact that they're kind of repetitive.
They are extremely repetitive!! We have a demo version and I myself Im sick of the same replay already amd I don't own the game yet, that is bad.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

The new replays make it hard to even tell what occurred during the play. I don't hate the new replays, but I also like to see how a play developed. Maybe a mix of the new camera angles, to go with some classic replays would work. I'm not too worried though, because you can always choose the angle you like when you go to save a highlight.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #28

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Here's the thing...If it was possible for television to use these angles, they would. But they wouldn't use it exclusively. They would still use standard broadcast angles on replays 80-90% of the time. They only use their special replay systems some of the time (sort of like Fox's overhead cam). However EA is force-feeding us these fake angles that really tell us nothing about the play.

When I play football video games, I usually take my time, watch all cut scenes and watch all replays. But on this demo, I find myself skipping past all the replays because there isn't anything to learn from them. What is "cool looking" when watching replays to me is to see how a play came together from a team perspective. I.E. Watching the line make their blocks, the running back make the perfect cut, etc.

I truely hope that this is just a demo thing and that the retail version of the game mixes it up, with the majority of the replays coming from standard broadcast angles.

The results of this poll speaks for itself. The majority prefers the standard replays, and I bet if there was an option for "both," most of the people that voted that they liked the new replays, would change their vote to both.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #29

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

One more thing, FOX NFL does have a camera somewhat capable of the angles EA provides to us in NCAA. It is typical only used for the game of the week and usually travels with the team of Buck and Aikman.

When they show these extreme up close angles, it is in super slow motion so that the viewer is still learning something about the play. EA has chosen to go the opposite route and show the play all fast and from multiple angles as if it is one of their commercials. You're anticipating something, and it suddenly goes to the next angle. It is really, really terrible and takes away from what they're trying to accomplish with their games...Mimmick a real life broadcast as much as possible.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I dont see any real issue with them, I am fine with the replays.
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I want both. I like them but also want a mix of zoomed out angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #32
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I like them but they get waaay to repetative. If they mix in the broadcast angle it would be good...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »