Home

Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder!

This is a discussion on Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam.
Why is your thread title a question but it ends in an exclamation point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Why isn't this thread in the teambuilder forum!
Fixed

Anyway, i do like the idea, i don't like having set conferences or set number of teams per conference....but i understand why its that way?

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 06-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8

Would be my dream come true. 12 TB squads and a conference championship game. That would be sweet!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Yep great ideas... plus ability to DL and put 120 teams or whatever into DYN so you could just change it to FCS/D2/D3.... anyway YES wee need the ability to add conferences, especially with all this conference drama that has been going on, even though it is now simmering out, it appears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

I really agree with this. Teambuilder should be accompanied by a conference builder... especially given that the conference shake ups are such big news this season.

A great conference builder would be giving you the ability to, obviously, create the conference, set the colors, emblem, names, logos, etc., just like in teambuilder. You could also create a custom conference championship trophy (or at least chose from like ~10 premade ones), and give it your own name. Also set rivalries between certain teams, conference prestige, conference standards (like academic standards, which is big news in real life with these conference changes, as the PAC-10 has real academic standards, which is keeping some colleges out).

In the modern era of videogames, we shouldn't need to take out one team to add another, or remove one conference to remove another, etc. You should be able to add conferences with the expectation that -- yes -- this might screw up scheduling in the game. That would be a compromise I'd be willing to make.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

It would be almost impossible unless they gave you a couple different 'formats' like 12 team conferences, 16 team etc. Conference Championship games would be the first hurdle (as in location, tie breakers, etc.), along with how many division/conference games each team would have to play and what kind of schedule rotation the conference would do, then the biggest problem would be bowl games. They would have to have some type of variable bowl affiliations that changed as the conferences change. Allowing the user to throw conferences together any way they want would make these things very difficult to code, and seeing as how there have been errors with 5-7 teams and stuff making bowl games and Big East champs missing out of BCS bowl games (in the ps2 version of '10), I'm sure they don't need it to be any more complicated than it already is.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #14
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

Its called TeamBuilder, not ConferenceBuilder :P

Lol but seriously I doubt this would ever happen, especially since we can't even add teams to existing conferences because of scheduling mishaps or whatever the developers said.

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Custom confrences would be awesome with high school team builder teams...Also, even better if we could have more than 12 TB teams in a dynasty, and more users in an online dynasty. If they had custom confrences with a playoff and we could assign which confrence winners played each other in the playoffs, that would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #16
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

This is an idea I never thought about...great idea OP! Hey EA get it done!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »