Home

No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

This is a discussion on No Scrambling Out of Wildcat? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #17
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No Scrambling Out of Wildcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
I hate when people call it cheesing. If you claim to be good just stop it. In real life was it cheesing when Va put Vic Hall at QB. It's the wildcat and there's a reason teams run it, otherwise what would be the purpose of the wildcat.
But in real life you're able to tell the corners to watch for the scramble, and also they would know that a RB/CB/WR probably wouldn't be throwing the ball deep. You can't do that in the game, so basically it's abusing the AI in an unrealistic way.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
maybe the CPU won't react or remember but if you're playing another human and someone kept running the same thing on you and you cant stop it then its not cheese, you just suck. If you're playing the CPU and you have to do this in order to beat them then you also suck.

People chalk too many things off as cheese. Just because you struggle against something it doesnt make it cheese. Cheese is exploiting a glitch within the game, just running the Wildcat and scrambling wouldn't be a glitch in the game that is being exploited, its exploiting the person you're playing against if they struggle to stop it.
again, lots of agreement here! ow WHY would a user NOT adjust to this? lol seriously....
Old 06-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #19
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Im not saying its a good excuse. As you guys have said, cheesers gonna cheese. I'm just saying that I always assumed you couldn't because EA wasn't catering to cheesers in this scenario. As far as whether its cheesing or you just suck, ask the SEC in 06 when Florida ran the exact same play 99% of the time Tim Tebow was in, yet they couldn't stop it. Lame move by subUrban, or did everyone else just suck at stopping Tim Tebow? I'd say the latter, but if subUrban was a 360 player and he did that in some of the Online leagues out there, he would have been banned. Its a fine line, but I really don't think cheese happens as much as some people act. In alot of peoples minds here, Mike Leach and Paul Johnson would be "cheesers"
Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #20
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

probably due to people who abuse it ... however, I am a realistic player and would like to be able to do it. "if its in the game, its in the game"

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Im not saying its a good excuse. As you guys have said, cheesers gonna cheese. I'm just saying that I always assumed you couldn't because EA wasn't catering to cheesers in this scenario. As far as whether its cheesing or you just suck, ask the SEC in 06 when Florida ran the exact same play 99% of the time Tim Tebow was in, yet they couldn't stop it. Lame move by subUrban, or did everyone else just suck at stopping Tim Tebow? I'd say the latter, but if subUrban was a 360 player and he did that in some of the Online leagues out there, he would have been banned. Its a fine line, but I really don't think cheese happens as much as some people act. In alot of peoples minds here, Mike Leach and Paul Johnson would be "cheesers"
ery true, I mean when coaches are inoovative and do something like this, it is just new and cool. If a player does it? It is cheese, supposedly... I think really that sometimes, people just gotta come to terms with that there is a way to stop every play in the game, or to beat any defense, so there is no point in whineing about it. (lol in this window, the last 2 "there is"s are perfectly lined up vertically :P)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwhatzup
I hate when people call it cheesing. If you claim to be good just stop it. In real life was it cheesing when Va put Vic Hall at QB. It's the wildcat and there's a reason teams run it, otherwise what would be the purpose of the wildcat.
Except that it was only effective for one game ever, and we still lost that game :\
Old 06-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #23
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
I understand the Tebow argument. Like I said earlier though, you can tell your defense to react to an offense in real life much different than you can in the game. Plus Tebow was a threat to throw, unlike most people in the wildcat package in NCAA. Most people in NCAA would call a pass play out of the wildcat, wait for the WR's to run the CBs deep, then take off running, when they had no intent on ever throwing. The only way to combat that is to blitz 8, but that really wont defend it correctly the way it would be defended in real life. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I understand the Tebow argument. Like I said earlier though, you can tell your defense to react to an offense in real life much different than you can in the game. Plus Tebow was a threat to throw, unlike most people in the wildcat package in NCAA. Most people in NCAA would call a pass play out of the wildcat, wait for the WR's to run the CBs deep, then take off running, when they had no intent on ever throwing. The only way to combat that is to blitz 8, but that really wont defend it correctly the way it would be defended in real life. Just my thoughts.
So basically, you want a way to tell your players to watch the run more and not pay as much attention or respect to the pass? :P just saying! And good ideas to me as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »