Home

Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama?

This is a discussion on Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Who's the Frosh DE rated 88 on 'Bama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
If you don't like the rosters the way they are, edit them.

It's not like most of us use the default rosters anyway.
If you play online you do.

― Plato
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do they not have a modified roster for the Online play? It seems like I remember Florida last year having A+'s across the board before I played online, and then they were A+, A, A+ when I did. Not much difference anyway, but it's better than nothing. In Madden, don't they keep the rosters updated online as the year plays out? Maybe we'll see something similar from NCAA this year.

If this isn't the case though, there are ways to beat teams like Alabama. I beat Florida on a regular basis with an underrated Alabama team last year. It's all in your gameplan. People will use the ratings to their advantage of course. Last year people would put demps in the backfield at QB, and run with him out of the gator heavy. If you know football strategy though, then there are ways to stop this offense, and any offense, and ways to move the ball on any defense.

I'll be playing with Bama, cause they are my team, I go to school here. And I will lose games because how you play is more important than ratings are, and there are people that are better at this game than me. Someone had me 24-0 at halftime with BYU last year, and unless they have drastically altered the stats to make them more a determining factor than they were last year, I don't see this being a big problem.

Side note:

For all you bama fans who are saying that this year's game is ruined because we are "too good" and it won't be any fun, shame on you for your lack of loyalty. All the years of playing this game and not being that good, we finally get some attention, and you continue to complain?! I'll stick with Bama through the thick and the thin, RMFT!!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #59
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

It's not fun, I have delt with it with Florida for a while now an I got sick of how good they were. In dynasty it's always a Blowout an online everyone cry about you using them. I'm glad Uf is a bit more down to earth this year although I feel in the next year or 2 Uf will be a monster again.

Oh an man don't pull that " I go to school here" crap that don't make you any bigger of a fan than anyone else.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Oh an man don't pull that " I go to school here" crap that don't make you any bigger of a fan than anyone else.
Ugh, so people want to complain about fans who just show up after a National Championship but then don't want people to say that you go to school there!

I'm not saying that attending a university makes you a bigger fan than anyone else but I do think it makes you a more legitimate fan. A similar situation would be if you had a family member who went there.
Los Angeles Lakers
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #61
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

Not really what if someone wanted to go to a school an was a huge fan, but the couldn't because of money, smarts or whatever the reason. It in noway effects your loyalty to a team.

You guys do come running when your team wins.... Then all you here is " I was a Bama fan all along" , "I go to school here".... Ect..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Not really what if someone wanted to go to a school an was a huge fan, but the couldn't because of money, smarts or whatever the reason. It in noway effects your loyalty to a team.

You guys do come running when your team wins.... Then all you here is " I was a Bama fan all along" , "I go to school here".... Ect..
Ok. To defend my position as a student at UA and fan of the football team.

The whole concept of "fandom" is absurd if you have no affiliation with the team/organization that you root for. What makes you like a team if, when the team wins, it doesn't benefit you in some way? It's as if to say "I'm going to let this make me feel good or bad if this team wins or loses, even though it doesn't really concern me." I root for Alabama because when we win, it brings a lot of money to my school, thus creating a better learning environment, for me. And I will continue to be an Alabama fan because the more money and prestige that come to this school, the better my degree will look. If someone couldn't afford or couldn't get into the school that they considered themselves to be a fan of, then become a fan of the school that you DO go to.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #63
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edscott
Ok. To defend my position as a student at UA and fan of the football team.

The whole concept of "fandom" is absurd if you have no affiliation with the team/organization that you root for. What makes you like a team if, when the team wins, it doesn't benefit you in some way? It's as if to say "I'm going to let this make me feel good or bad if this team wins or loses, even though it doesn't really concern me." I root for Alabama because when we win, it brings a lot of money to my school, thus creating a better learning environment, for me. And I will continue to be an Alabama fan because the more money and prestige that come to this school, the better my degree will look. If someone couldn't afford or couldn't get into the school that they considered themselves to be a fan of, then become a fan of the school that you DO go to.
That is the biggest load of crap I have read in a while. Your saying people have to like a team they can afford or be smart enough to go to? People can like who ever they choose I'm sure that all of the people that fill the stadium on Saturday did not all go to school there.... I'm a huge Gator fan an I live here but that doesn't mean I'm better than anyone else who likes them. Get your out of the clouds...
Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #64
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
That is the biggest load of crap I have read in a while. Your saying people have to like a team they can afford or be smart enough to go to? People can like who ever they choose I'm sure that all of the people that fill the stadium on Saturday did not all go to school there.... I'm a huge Gator fan an I live here but that doesn't mean I'm better than anyone else who likes them. Get your out of the clouds...
Completely agree with you here. I go to the University At Buffalo but i'm a HUGE Oklahoma Sooner fan. Why? Because growing up and seeing them on TV when I was younger I fell in love with their tradition, winning and awesome crowd. I would say iv'e been an OU fan since about 1998, yeah shorter than most OU fans on here but that's when I started watching college football and iv'e been in love ever since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »