Home

Anyone else disappointed by this year's presentation?

This is a discussion on Anyone else disappointed by this year's presentation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Fizzer's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone else disappointed by this year's presentation?

Okay, first off...I know that we've all been asking for an update to the presentation for years now, and believe me, I'm glad that EA has really made an effort on that front this year. The ESPN integration is great.

But what I wasn't that thrilled with was all of the pre-game stuff. I love the idea; I'm just not wild about the execution of it. I think it would be better if it played exactly like a broadcast. For me, that's what I was hoping the new presentation would feel like. Especially now with ESPN integration.

As it is, it doesn't make me feel like I'm at the stadium or watching a game at home...it just seems like a weird, artsy hybrid of the two.

I'm not a complainer; I know all that goes into making a game like this. I just think that they're off-track a little bit with the presentation, and I was wondering what other people's thoughts were on it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anyone else disappointed by this year's presentation?

Im with you on this one. its like a generic version. They only thing i like is the college football theme (which is too low by the way). But they could have dont better
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Shirley, you're not serious.

The presentation, from what I gather from the demo, is a huge upgrade over previous net-gen versions.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I am not a fan of the "beyond broadcast" stuff they put in. I like how they say that if ESPN could they would but I really doubt that, zooming in so close you can't see any action isn't really something that ESPN would show as a legit replay to a big play.

There needs to be more of a broadcast feel IMO, they really missed the mark in terms of an authentic presentation.

Graphics and overlays are good though. I was just hoping for something like NCAA Basketball 10 in terms of ESPN integration.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

It's not the best presentation out there, but it's a huge improvement over year's past. I like it.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Fizzer's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I just really wanted them to "steal" the intros of games from ESPN broadcasts. I think what they did in the NCAA Basketball game is more akin to what I was hoping for.

Also, please don't misunderstand me. I'd rather have this presentation than the lack of presentation in years past. But I just feel like if you're going to have the whole ESPN package, it should present itself like an ESPN-televised game.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm pretty ecstatic about it. Besides the "Beyond Broadcast" thing, what's missing? Shots of the campus/town? That's a bit overboard.

@AdamdotH
Old 07-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I am -- but only because I count things like TD celebrations as part of "presentation/atmosphere," and the TD celebrations are 100% identical to the lame ones we had in NCAA 10.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »