Home

NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #49
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
This review dosen't sway me either way. I'll wait for the OS review.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Game Informer Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Second Opinion:

by Matt Bertz
8.75 While college football struggles with a terrible BCS system, no playoffs, and crumbling conferences, its virtual gridiron counterpart is just starting to hit its stride. NCAA 11’s new locomotion engine puts the skill of Barry Sanders at your fingertips, making running backs feel like real threats every time they touch the ball. Revamped blocking mechanics help make formerly useless plays like draws and counters legit options for the first time. The refined gameplay is impressive, with the only standout issues being ranging linebackers picking off too many mid-range passes over the middle and the AI ineffectively running the option. Off the field, EA wisely retooled the recruiting mechanic to give you more feedback as to how your pitches stand in comparison to other schools, and the new Facebook-meets-ESPN Dynasty Wire is a great tool that lets hardcore online dynasty players chronicle their seasons. NCAA also makes a greater effort at capturing the minor details that make college football great, but the crowds still don’t look the part and the commentary is starting to sound stale.

Minor annoyances aside, this is the best NCAA title in years.
Agreed. Just playing the demo told me that, even while realizing that a game should not be completely judged on the demo. The game just feels more fluid.

I didn't expect them to revamp the entire game in one year, which I don't think they did. They added a lot of new stuff though, so hopefully in the coming years, they will focus more on commentary and atmosphere. This title is once again heading in the right direction.

I think it's going to be a very good game that will deserve the 8.5 to 9 ratings and will give EA a solid foundation to take this game even higher. I've always thought this title could be their cash cow and it just might be.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
It allows them to change certain aspect of the gmae like amount of drops and stuff without needing a patch. You just download their new set and you're good. Currently the NHL series uses them.
I am definitely not bagging on the improvements, but to your knowledge can tuner sets allow 85 man rosters or is it strictly gameplay tried to get this question asked on another thread and lots of people jumped my throat for even starting to bring up such negativity if any one has access to ea could you PLEASE get this QUESTION answered thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #52
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
I am definitely not bagging on the improvements, but to your knowledge can tuner sets allow 85 man rosters or is it strictly gameplay tried to get this question asked on another thread and lots of people jumped my throat for even starting to bring up such negativity if any one has access to ea could you PLEASE get this QUESTION answered thanks
strictly gameplay
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #53
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new PA announcer, just the minor inclusion of hearing him belt out that EJ Manuel was coming in for Christian Ponder over the loudspeaker had me grinning ear to ear.
Where did you see & hear this bro?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sorry, but this is half a review. If you're not playing online, you're not playing a significant part of this game, especially with the online dynasty.

Also, I don't believe for a second that the reviewer played even a full year in dynasty mode, let alone 2-3. And given the problems of NCAA 10 with recruiting problems and skill progression, this is an important part of determining if this game is better.

I'm just a little suspicious that the sliders all worked perfectly, especially after the 2-3 releases.

The lack of any of that info makes this review nearly useless.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #55
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 11 Review (Gameinformer)

I'm a little confused about tuner sets:

If multiple tuner sets are released, you can only use 1 set at a time, right, even if you've downloaded several of them? If you like 1 aspect of tuner set 1.0, and another aspect of tuner set 2.0, you won't be able to play with them both, just 1? That would be frustrating, don't you think? It would make slider adjustments a nightmare too. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me?

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCashus
Nice review. I'm glad this game is getting 9's, even though most people will see that as no big deal because the last few editions of the game have been getting mid 8's.
there are only a few truly good sports game reviewers around. to give a good review, you
need time with a game.

typical review:

(insert sports game here) is the best version ever. they fixed the flaws from last year. if you loved (insert sport here) you will love (insert sports game here).

then 1 week or less later, OS explodes with complaints of game-killing flaws, (insert developer here) says we knew that would be a problem. we promise to fix it in the upcoming patch. upcoming patch breaks items that were working fine before.

OS explodes with posts that this is the final year i buy this game. wars begin. bans imposed. people make nice. the next year we repeat the same ole stuff.

after last years substitution problems, this is a definitely a wait and see game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »