Home

Who ever designed the back of this case should be fired

This is a discussion on Who ever designed the back of this case should be fired within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #17
Rookie

knyght's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Who ever designed the back of this case should be fired

First off - Football games sell themselves.

Second - A casual gamer isn't going to care about the "Locomotion" or Dynasty Improvements, or even know what they are. A casual gamer won't even know what these improvements really are. They just want to play a college football game with their favorite college. Period.

The hardcore gamers - the people who EA Sports get feedback from and add features based on said feedback - won't read the back anyways. Because they know everything that's already in the game.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 AM   #18
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan5833
ESPN is mentioned on the front cover just like last year
It is mentioned every year as ESPN has always been featured. it is the First time in NCAA football that ESPN Presentation is used, it should have been mentioned.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Really? The back of the case? Really? I mean that's what you're focusing on? Really?

Wow, that's all I've got, wow.
I have to admit it really doesn't stand out at all. Whoever did the visual design must've been high/and or drunk.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 AM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyght
First off - Football games sell themselves.

Second - A casual gamer isn't going to care about the "Locomotion" or Dynasty Improvements, or even know what they are. A casual gamer won't even know what these improvements really are. They just want to play a college football game with their favorite college. Period.

The hardcore gamers - the people who EA Sports get feedback from and add features based on said feedback - won't read the back anyways. Because they know everything that's already in the game.
Ummm no not really. Your average parent going to look at the price of the game and say I will just buy my son NCAA 07 or NCAA 08 used at game stop for under $20 instead. Because football is football or basketball is basketball.

When I worked in retail I seen this happen over and over again with parents & sports game. They would look at the back of the case, see how bare it is, look at the price and say F that going to game stop to buy a 3 year old version of it instead.

Got to the point we were losing so much money on sports games that our manager told us go explain to customers exactly what was new in the game and what made it different from last year's version.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Agreed. The back looks plain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #22
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I noticed this when unwrapping the game. The back cover just looks blah.

Twitch Stream
Old 07-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #23
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I noticed this when unwrapping the game. The back cover just looks blah.
When I snagged a 360 copy friday I thought it might have been a fake copy with how plain the back was.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #24
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Originally I thought this was kind of a silly thread, but the more I think about it....

Those who buy this game as a gift for others (girlfriends, family members, etc...) may be thrown off by the...dullness...of the back of the box. Same goes for the under-informed casual gamer.

I also started thinking about myself at the 7-12 year old age group, and I pretty much made up my mind regarding renting a game (wasn't exactly buying at that age all the time) on the back of the box. Purchases I would save for word of mouth or previously good rental experiences, etc...

Point being, it's kind of a shame. In my opinion this is the best NCAA since 2006, and in many ways superior, and some might actually miss out just because of a boring design.

Dumb, and slightly improbable, reason to miss out on a game, but not everybody is as hardcore as OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »