Home

Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

This is a discussion on Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Man Coverage in this game NEEDS to be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Guys, just put the coverage slider down to 35 or 40. It fixes the issue of them running the routes before the WR.

Do it and love it.
this

i cant complete posts because the cb jumps it before the reciever even makes his goddamn cut. it was fine last year, why the hell did they change it? sliders cant always be the answer to everything, what about online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
this

i cant complete posts because the cb jumps it before the reciever even makes his goddamn cut. it was fine last year, why the hell did they change it? sliders cant always be the answer to everything, what about online?
but what does it do to zone coverage
Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 4

Is there a play that will beat man? e.g. swing passes, crossing patterns, certain runs? I wouldn't' mind the lock down man coverage if I could counter it with something that beats it..problem is, I haven't found it yet...
Old 07-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Guys, just put the coverage slider down to 35 or 40. It fixes the issue of them running the routes before the WR.

Do it and love it.
I think we got that much for offline and dynasties but that is not an option for a ranked online match.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
this

I have to agree that the post routes aren't getting any seperation... I agree with OP that slants get mirrored sometimes by the CB AI, but the slant still opens up sometimes at least.. while the post, even against defenses where you, as the QB, should be looking at the post as your first read just aren't getting seperation.. and I've actually seen the CB under cut the post so much that they basically morph underneath or into the WR prior to ball ever even being thrown.

It shouldn't be money like it was a couple years ago, but if the defense is leaving a guy by himself on that side of the field the WR should be able to beat him to the inside atleast half the damn time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #46
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
Is there a play that will beat man? e.g. swing passes, crossing patterns, certain runs? I wouldn't' mind the lock down man coverage if I could counter it with something that beats it..problem is, I haven't found it yet...

I do know that a certain route by the RB from the gun works as a consistent 6 yard gainer against man. I dont know what its called, but its basically a combination of the swing and slant routes. The ball snaps and he runs forward diagonally to the sideline. Unfortunently its only on certain plays. You cant audible to it, although you could try audibling his route to an outside slant when in the gun.

A crossing route by the tight end works well too. He's usually strong enough to get seperation. Obviously the better the tight end the more consistent it is.

Drags are easy catches, but for some reason this year receivers slow down a lot when they catch the ball, so you wont get any YAC.

Thats all I've come up with.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 34

This is vintage EA really

Instead of programming man coverage correctly, the just go ahead and make it harder by having the AI cheat you.

I understand what they were trying to do.. you dont get route mirroring all of the time, but when you get, it you get it big time.

I played someone who tried this with me, and I just motioned a back out of the back field and hit my HB on quick slants and outs, until he knocked it off.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #48
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

The mirroring is terrible, but won't lowering it to 35 make it too easy? I've been playing on AA with pass coverage between 80-100 and i can still throw for 300+ yards fairly easy if i want to. I might try it tomorrow, but I've set my sliders so that i get a challenge, and I think lowering to 35 might make it too easy, even though what i have going on now is horrendously bad mirroring.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »