Home

RTG Running Back (Power)

This is a discussion on RTG Running Back (Power) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What school for a power running back in RTG?
Wisconsin 9 50.00%
Auburn 1 5.56%
UConn 2 11.11%
Arkansas 2 11.11%
Miami 0 0%
Nebraska 2 11.11%
Navy 1 5.56%
Idaho 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: RTG Running Back (Power)

I started as a power RB with Arkansas. I picked Arkansas because I'm an Arkansas fan and live very close to the stadium...

But, it's a pretty good choice for a power RB. First, it's exactly the type of RB that Bobby Petrino likes to use in all his offenses. Second, RB is definitely the weak link in the Arkansas offense. QB is 96, TE is 92, WRs are 92, 92, 89, and HB is 85.

It's also a pro-style offense. It's pass-first, which isn't necessarily what a RB likes, but you do get plenty of carries, and the runs become more and more effective as the passing game continues to work. And as an added bonus, it's a great way to get the achievement for scoring on a draw play on 3rd and 6 or longer, as the draws are pretty effective at Arkansas.

You'll run from all the usual formations: Singleback, pistol, shotgun, I-form, offset-I, goal line.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

No-Brainer. Syracuse....

I don't go there nor am I from New York. But after seeing the Express, I created a power runningback and went to Syracuse, continuing the legacy of #44....it was actually pretty fun...and I normally hate modes like RTG.

But yea, Syracuse, create a big black guy. My back last year was 6'2 250 named Dominic James.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

I still like to practice even once I start just because it feels more authentic as far as being a member of the team. Plus I'm not a 100% comfortable with the game yet and the engine and all so I need to take time to get used to playing all the different positions in RTG that I'm gonna use this season.

Anyway, let the voting begin. I will just mess around with my BC dynasty until this is settled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wisconsin is generally an 8-9 win team, so not sure they fit your "putting back on the map" category.

My initiaul thought was Rutgers, ala Ray Rice
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok, let me rephrase that... get a team to be back at the top of their given conference after an extended period of time not having been there. Wisconsin generally (as of late) has finished beneath Penn St, Mich St, Iowa, etc.

Anyway... looks like this is gonna be a wee one sided. Might just start it up with W.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »